Thread: Snake Head Telecaster

Snake Head Telecaster

Hi

I know not everyone likes them but...

Idle thought really but could be of interest. Snake head neck as an option for a S type could be an option?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ezzhwlqkp19uisypv6a3.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	31360

Thoughts?

David

2. Liked by: OliSam

Custom order neck with three aside paddle, shape and drill the holes yourself?

Hi

of course

Could also get a plain body and rout the controls etc but then you have to find the control plate and pick guard etc.

My next would be a sort of Ibanez A series style which would be a bit between the Ibanez styles Pit bull currently offer - that would be a custom job I think.

Lots of options - not enough time.

Regards

David

Quote Originally Posted by LADAVE View Post
    Hi

I know not everyone likes them but...

Idle thought really but could be of interest. Snake head neck as an option for a S type could be an option?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ezzhwlqkp19uisypv6a3.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	31360

Thoughts?

David
    That's prototype No.1.

I've been a Tele guy for well over 40 years and the snakes head just doesn't do it for me, probably change the characteristics of the 1st three strings as well.

To each their own though, that's what makes the world an interesting place

Hi Dave

That's the 60th anniversary release. I'm building a pretty standard Tele so this wouldn't be on my list for now but there is interest on the net in these as a kit option.

I agree I'm not sure about the head shape but as you said that makes the world an interesting place

Regards

David

G'day Dave,

I don't follow what is being released these days, the last new Tele I played was the FMH flamed maple top and twin buckers through a Princeton and a little Vox I couldn't find a tone I liked so it stayed in the shop.

The Snakes Head design is probably just taken from the 3 a side lap steels they were making at the time, no idea what the bridge is like because the only pic I have of it has a very rudimentary cover over the bridge and pickup.

The reason the Tele bridge pup is angled is because it was taken from a lap steel which was too wide for the string spacing we know and love

I still need a Tele with a P90 at the neck and maybe an Esquire.

I have posted here in the past that I am building a carbon fibre Tele style 12 string ( an ex F1 fabricator is doing the CF stuff )

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    G'day Dave,
    The reason the Tele bridge pup is angled is because it was taken from a lap steel which was too wide for the string spacing we know and love
    Very interesting!