This paint is "low velocity" so I am actually never more than 3-4 inches away. There's definitely some splatter...but it flattens a bit as it dries and seems to sand out easily. Maybe I need to get even closer?

Patience seems to be a major issue here. I re-read the directions. It says it is quick drying. I think I am still figuring out what that means.

The can says it's dry enough after 10-15 min to lay down another thin coat, and that lots of thin coats are better than a thick one...so trying to do that....

The fine print says that it's not completely dry for 24 hours. I am now reading this as "do not sand for at least 24 hours." This is an acrylic spray paint and I have noticed that I can feel a small difference when it is ready to sand. It feels dry but slightly cool from about 30 min after spraying--for hours thereafter. At some point at least 20 hours later it feels room temp. Not a big difference but perceptible. Guessing the difference is either evaporation or paranoia about sanding too soon.

It sands flat pretty easily but is very easy to sand off around edges or places where I missed s little high spot in prep (read that "a small hole filled with a toothpick and sanded".

Put 3-4 thin coats on last night. Waiting another 10 hours until I sand a little again....

Thanks for the advice. Patience is hard.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk