Thread: My next PittBull build

My next PittBull build

I’m thinking of doing another Telecaster build in the spring when it’s warmer. I want to learn from my mistakes and make the next one even better. This time I want to do a natural build, just like Albert Collins Tele.
    Would it be best if I went the esquire route for bridge and mods? I’m sure it was either Sonic or King Casey that mentioned PBG kits are based on the esquire.

Would I have to make a scratch plate?
    Also the Humbucker, does it have to be a certain type?
    Apologies for the very novice questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I’ll give it a go View Post
    I’m sure it was either Sonic or King Casey that mentioned PBG kits are based on the esquire.
    If it was me, I think the word was 'Squier'. only one letter out but a completely different outcome hehe.

Wondering what is it about your current build that wasn't quite right?

cheers, Mark.

P.S. Didn't realise Albert was a non-pick guitarist. I'll have to check out some of his work.

My next PittBull build

Quote Originally Posted by king casey View Post
    If it was me, I think the word was 'Squier'. only one letter out but a completely different outcome hehe.

Wondering what is it about your current build that wasn't quite right?

cheers, Mark.

P.S. Didn't realise Albert was a non-pick guitarist. I'll have to check out some of his work.
    Ha ha, so funny I wrote that late last night, must have been getting tired. Can’t believe I wrote Esquire instead of Squire, as you say only one letter out .

The main thing that went wrong was the fret work, it bugs me a little that I had to take it to somebody else to fix it. I now know what I did wrong and how to do it better next time. I’m guessing that I’m choosing a Tele to stay in my comfort zone. My current build is totally stock, so I would like the next one to have some extras.

When I first started listening to AC I didn’t realise either that he was finger picking. He also uses a capo on the 5th, 6th or 7th fret. He has a very different sound. His well known for a track called “Frosty”

But I also like this https://youtu.be/BUSw9_38xAo

Nice.

Albert Collins was the very first live concert I ever went to. It was the Auckland Town Hall in probably 1990 or 1991 or thereabouts, not long before his passing as it turned out.

He re-affirmed everything i loved about the blues, and blew the roof off the joint, not to mention my tiny little mind...
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    Nice.

Albert Collins was the very first live concert I ever went to. It was the Auckland Town Hall in probably 1990 or 1991 or thereabouts, not long before his passing as it turned out.

He re-affirmed everything i loved about the blues, and blew the roof off the joint, not to mention my tiny little mind...
    Wow you lucky bugga, that would have been great to see.

I think I’m definitely going to do that version of his Tele. Need to look into the bridge, the ashtray cover and the Humbucker.