Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ordering a Pit Bull ES-5V Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Bakersdozen View Post
    I started with a PRS semi-hollow kit for my first build and although it turned out great, it would have probably turned out even better had I done an ST or TL build first. You get all those beginner mistakes ironed out to begin with and you approach the next one differently. Especially if this is the type of guitar you've always wanted, do it justice and practice and hone your skills on your first.
    Good advice, thank you Bd.

FWIW My first foray into this lark was to get an el-cheapo-not-quite-ready-for-the-tip guitar from someplace like 'Cash Converters' or Pawn shop.
    Croydon had an Epiphone SG the other week for something like $50.
    My impulse buying trigger was going nuts.

cheers, Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by king casey View Post
    FWIW My first foray into this lark was to get an el-cheapo-not-quite-ready-for-the-tip guitar from someplace like 'Cash Converters' or Pawn shop.
    Croydon had an Epiphone SG the other week for something like $50.
    My impulse buying trigger was going nuts.

cheers, Mark.
    I've actually got an old epiphone SG that I could fool around with, take apart, study wiring, refinish, etc. Maybe that is a good practice route rather than sinking money into a startup kit I don't really want. I could buy the ES-5V hollow body kit and study it slowly while wacking away on the SG. Nice suggestion, thanks.

Cool What happened with Rokitrik?

Well, I ended up buying the TL-1 kit and I am very pleased with the overall quality. Things got in the way however and I still haven't started the build. I was busy writing my first novel and published it early this year. Now I am ready to move forward with my Telecaster build. I'm pretty excited and getting all kinds of help from this Forum. For the newbies out there, like me, you are going to have a gas and I wish you the best. I'll be looking to see how everyone's builds are coming along.

BTW, if you like thriller books, for fun check out my paperback/eBook published on Amazon, entitled THE STREETS OF ITAEWON written under pseudonym of William Randolph Etche.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Lennon
    "I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring." David Bowie

5. Liked by: ross.pearson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2