Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Finally figured out why my studio pc has been giving me so much grief.

Update:

Just got a parcel card in my mailbox, the four new 1Tb SSD drives I ordered have arrived in the post, going to pick them up from the post office later on this afternoon.....Woohoo!!!!

So this afternoon's plans will be as follows:

1, Install one of the 1Tb SSD drives in my studio pc as the system drive.

2, Do a complete clean install of the latest version of Windows 10 on it.

3, Wait till Windows 10 has finished downloading/installing all it's latest updates, and then do a complete install of all my DAW software.

4, Install and activate all my plugins.

5, Get cracking with producing some new music.

Oh yeah, last night I bought a new vst Synth plugin called Serum from Xfer Records, it is a wavetable synth that is really good at producing the bassline sounds commonly found in PsyTrance music, and is used a lot by professional PsyTrance music producers, so I'll be installing it on my studio pc.

And then I'll be performing the same installation on my new Acer Aspire 5 laptop, using one of the remaining 1Tb SSD hard drives tomorrow.

Update:

So far everything has gone smoothly with the installation of one of the new 1Tb SSD drives in my studio pc, my pc's Bios detected it right away so that's a very good sign, it means my studio pc's motherboard is compatible with SSD drives, it's a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, I'm now in the process of doing a complete clean install of the latest version of Windows 10 on the new SSD drive, so far it is liking it.

The motherboard actually does have an onboard mSata socket that can accept smaller SSD drives.

Update:

All four of the new 1Tb SSD drives are now installed in my studio pc, so far it has been running really well, like a brand new pc, no more spontaneous shut-downs, or refusals to boot up at random times, it boots up much faster and isn't running sluggishly like it was before, it was definitely worth doing the upgrade.

Okay so the next upgrade I will be doing to my studio pc will be installing three more 8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz Ram sticks on the motherboard to max it out to 32Gb, there are three spare Ram slots on the mother board and currently one 8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz Ram stick installed, I may upgrade the graphics card at a later stage, since I also use my studio pc for gaming as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3