Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: GHQ-1M - Pinky

Quote Originally Posted by Fretworn View Post
    What’s it like playability wise?
    It's... Different. The headless-ness throws me off a little bit, but not so much that a bit of playing won't get past that. The action would probably be too high for most people, and there's not a great way to lower it at all because the posts on the bridge aren't adjustable. But I've never been a big shredder so it's not the end of the world for me personally.

Honestly though, getting a good replacement for the bridge would make it a good deal better, because that's really the weakest part of the kit. The fine tuners aren't great, the saddles are super tall so there's only so far you can lower them, and it just doesn't feel great. I've had the bridge locked the whole time so as a Trem bridge I can't say for sure, but I've seen other people talk about the bridges being awful for it, and just from what I've felt from it, I would definitely suspect they're right.

Everything else about the guitar though I dig. It's insanely light (even with the bridge), the neck feels good and the semi-hollow nature helps with sustain. So I'm happy with it overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Oby View Post
    I'm going to have to preface my comment with damn you too. I didn't realise he had a headless kit either. Now I gotta get one.
    Love the stain work all except the back which is just a tiny bit dark for me but that's a personal thing.
    I KNOW RIGHT?! He just got me again with a surprise Mockingbird kit too, so I guess there's no escape haha

Thanks!! I do kind of agree with the Purple on the back. If I did it again I'd put a layer of Pink on first as with the neck, but I'll still take it as it is haha

Quote Originally Posted by B'Lark View Post
    If I did it again I'd put a layer of Pink on first as with the neck, but I'll still take it as it is haha
    And if you don't mind I'm gonna pinch that idea with a twist for my next project. I've got some purple thermochromic pigment powder I've been wanting to use but I couldn't think of a background colour. Pink it is.

3. Liked by: B'Lark

OK, Little update:

This guy was giving me a bit of grief with playability. The routing in the back for the bridge plate wasn't quite deep enough to give a lower action. The bridge saddles are chunky and I couldn't lower them any more than they already were.

I was going to file the saddles down, and leave the routing as is, but it was getting to be a drag doing that, and I took a chisel to it. The carved section is separate pieces of wood to the back, so I had a guideline to take off as well, which helped a ton.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200310_164224 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	344.3 KB 
ID:	34061

Hopefully this shows that it's sitting down a bit further than what it was, the edge of the guitar shows the original level.

So now I am able to set the string height properly. Unfortunately not all is done yet, I've got a bit of fret levelling that I'll need to do, hopefully sort that on the weekend.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3