Thread: ST-1 output jack wiring

ST-1 output jack wiring

Hi I’m having trouble understanding which wire is to be soldered to the output jack and which wire to the claw on the bridge. The kit came with the controls and pickups pre wired. There are two black wires and one yellow wire that needs to be connected. Do I need to solder the two black wires to the output jack, if so how do I know which one is the hot wire and which is the ground, as they look the same and connected to the same pot in the electronics. Thanks

Two black wires are likely to be ground. One to the output jack and one to the claw.
    Doesn't matter which but the longer one probably goes to the jack.

cheers, Mark.

This came up just recently in another thread.
    The wire colours in the kit don't necessarily match the colours in the diagrams & videos, which can lead to confusion if you've never done it before.

Check out this thread: https://www.buildyourownguitar.com.a...ad.php?t=10165

In this case the Yellow wire should go to the positive lug on the output jack and one of the black wires to the ground lug.
    The second black wire will go to the vibrato claw to ground the bridge.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Cheers Guys, I managed to find the wiring diagram as well and turns out the yellow wire is the hot wire while the two black ones are ground, I did the same thing as the guy in the other thread, by following the video. But all good I swapped them around. Thanks for your help.