Thread: Tl -1th

Tl -1th

Hi,

I have just bought a TL-1TH and am keen to receive it soon! But while I've been waiting I've noticed that it comes with a string through bridge like most teles. But I can't seem to find in the photos online of any string ferrules for the back of the guitar? Do the strings actually go through to the back for the guitar? Or have I just looked at it wrong? No big deal if i need to buy some string ferrules but would be handle to know before the guitar arrives.
    Last edited by Zac Jessup; 06-05-2019 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Jessup View Post
    Hi,

I have just bought a TL-1TH and am keen to receive it soon! But while I've been waiting I've noticed that it comes with a string through bridge like most teles. But I can't seem to find in the photos online of any string ferrules for the back of the guitar? Do the strings actually go through to the back for the guitar? Or have I just looked at it wrong? No big deal if i need to buy some string ferrules but would be handle to know before the guitar arrives.
    The kit bridge has both.
    You will need to drill string-through holes if you want, but you can use the top-load ones without.
    I got myself an 'original' fender bridge and it only came with string-through holes.
    (edit) Here ya go.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TL -1 TH.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	31023
    cheers, Mark.
    Last edited by king casey; 06-05-2019 at 06:14 PM.

3. Liked by: Danny B

It was one of the early kits, and I don’t think any of them came with ferrules or were drilled for string through. Wait and see what you get and you can always buy ferrules online if you de die to go down that path.
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck

Ok thanks guys! Thats really helpful

Another few questions, what shape is the neck? I have a MIM 2012 tele and was wondering how it would compair in terms of thickness and shape. Also are the pick ups any good?

Cheers

Is there any benefit to pulling the strings through the body? I can't think of any.

Quote Originally Posted by TZK321 View Post
    Is there any benefit to pulling the strings through the body? I can't think of any.
    In my case it simply represented a challenge.

cheers, Mark.

The only advantage that I see is similar to a trapeze tailpiece. In both cases they string tension "pushes" downward onto the saddles. That's probably not necessary on a strat or tele style bridge, but it's useful in some cases where there is a danger of the bridge or stop-tailpiece pulling out over time.

I don't really mind if it's a string thought bridge or string through body as long as it sounds like a tele! That's all that really matters to me.