While I'm watching paint dry on the scratch build I've found myself at a bit of a loose end. I've been thinking about picking up some cheapy gumtree/facebook disasters and cleaning them up to sell on and today the perfect candidate came up.

This is what I scored for $50.

It's a 2005 Cort 'G' series. I think its a G200 and looks like it was a pretty decent entry level guitar when it was new. Somebody has had a good go at it since then and it's pretty horrible to play. The finish has been wrecked. you can just see where the Cort decal used to be, I'll make up a replacement, no point faking it.

Specs (afaik)

It's a 22 fret maple neck with offset dots. 25.5 Scale length. Graphite nut

It's either an Agithis or Basswood body - it's pretty light and soft so probably basswood, they swapped that year.

Full Action II Vintage tremolo - 2 post like on my JM build.

Cort 'PowerSound Pickups'

The amp is just a littel SX practice jobby. It has a cash converters sticker on the back for $79 so I'm already ahead (lol)

Plans are to do a light bluish/grey metallic finish with satin neck and give it a really good clean up/setup.

The fret wear is pretty full on and the neck was very bowed. It had 13's or something on it. I've done a quick adjustment and it looks better, truss rod seems fine.

Any, will keep me busy for a bit. I think there is nice guitar in here somewhere.

Some pics: