Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Drawing Guitar Plans

Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    That ties up with the blueprint I have for the PRS 24, 2” at the area under the bridge. I suspect the neck break angle is similar to a 24 as well, 3 degrees or thereabouts.
    It all adds up to some thick cap material or body blank, and a ton of carving.
    The plantation mahogany I use is going to be pretty weighty, so I might have to see what else I can source, or else to it’s going to be chambered to heck.
    So much to plan out with this style of build. Fun and games!
    I wondered if the neck break angle would actually be close to zero because of the bridge type being almost copy of a tele bridge. I've posted on one of the PRS groups asking if someone has a Vela what the body thickness is.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yeah I wondered that last night, looking at the PRS published web photos.
    If it is flat then that’s going to reduce that body thickness a heck of a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

BC rich eagle pdf

Hi Woltz.
    I would love a copy of the pdf plans for the BC rich eagle please. I've been wanting to build one for ages.
    I'm not sure how to message you, I've only just joined today.
    Many thanks...

Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty333 View Post
    Hi Woltz.
    I would love a copy of the pdf plans for the BC rich eagle please. I've been wanting to build one for ages.
    I'm not sure how to message you, I've only just joined today.
    Many thanks...
    Hi Frosty,

If you click on my name it'll take you to my profile and there will be a button there to send a private message. Just send me your email address via P.M. and I can send you the plan.

Hi Woltz

Thank you so much. have PM'd you.

Hi Woltz

Quote Originally Posted by Woltz View Post
    Hi Waz,

Here is a draft plan (the scale pdf is too big to attach here so P.M. me your email address and I'll send it to you).

I ended up drawing the body because I realised on the other plan the layout and shape wasn't quite the same as the XT-2. This should be pretty close. The overall length in the information online is 38.5". My drawing is 38.43". The only way I can get it more accurate is if you can give me the dimensions of the headpiece and the bridge.

I also drew it as a neck through because you mentioned about possibly having a go at a neck through.

It goes without saying that you should print it and make up a MDF template first and layout your hardware on the template to make sure it all works. If the plan needs any alterations let me know and I'll make the required changes.
    Is there any chance I could get a copy of the pdf, I would like to have a go at using the body shape for a 6 string guitar, and I think got the body shape spot on.
    Regards
    Machu.

Quote Originally Posted by machu View Post
    Is there any chance I could get a copy of the pdf, I would like to have a go at using the body shape for a 6 string guitar, and I think got the body shape spot on.
    Regards
    Machu.
    Woltz hasn't posted on the forum for a few months now. I'm sure he'll be back at some point but it might be a while before he does. So if you want to progress with your project quickly, then I'd send him a private message (and he should get an email notification to alert him). Left click on his name in one of his posts and 'send a private message' is one of the options.

Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by machu View Post
    Regards
    Machu.
    PM me your email address and I'll give you access to my google drive with all my plans.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    Woltz hasn't posted on the forum for a few months now. I'm sure he'll be back at some point but it might be a while before he does. So if you want to progress with your project quickly, then I'd send him a private message (and he should get an email notification to alert him). Left click on his name in one of his posts and 'send a private message' is one of the options.
    Hey Simon,

Yeh I've been packing up my house and moving across from one side of Australia to the other which has been challenging during the Pandemic. When I get all my tools set-up I'll post new photos when I'm back into it. Hope you and everyone else is keeping safe.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Good luck with the move and I wish you all the best in your new home and location.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast