Thread: PRS range?

PRS range?

A quick google reveals a whole range of different PRS style kits available. Would Pit Bull Guitars consider selling these, or are there similar trademark issues to the LP kits?

2. Liked by: kuanjb

Quote Originally Posted by Andy123 View Post
    A quick google reveals a whole range of different PRS style kits available. Would Pit Bull Guitars consider selling these, or are there similar trademark issues to the LP kits?
    I'd be surprised if there was. There are plenty of guitar companies which incorporate some of the PRS design elements into their guitars. I doubt you'd get a fretboard with bird inlays though.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Mentor
    Pitbull used to have some PRS style kits although they've disappeared off the website. Although they didnt have a particularly deep top carve like a PRS. If they did bring it back and you wanted the birds you could always try out these stickers (https://www.inlaystickers.com/produc...s-fret-markers).

I do recall Pit Bull dipping their toe in the water with a semi-hollow PRS style guitar with over sized F holes and cross inlays on the neck, which maybe didn't sell so well. There are a heap of others out there though:
    • Bolt on/Set neck
    • Solid/Semi-hollow
    • Different control configurations
    • Basswood/Mahogany
    • Maple/dark fretboard
    • different inlay options
    • Quilt/Flame/Spalt veneers
    etc, you get the idea.

The basic PRS body shape is a popular one, so I would have thought some of the less unique designs might sell well. It might not be a straight swap for a LP, but it might fill the gap in sales the missing LPs have left behind. They have a similar appeal.

They have a pretty iconic body and head stock shape which is missing from the Pit Bull catalogue, which begged the question.

Mentor
    I agree. One of my favourite looking guitars. The headstock shape I like so much (significantly more than the fender headstocks) that I'm using it for my Thinline Tele build.

Our main supplier only offers the PRS-1TS and PRS-1S kits, which were very slow sellers. They were kinda-loosely-based-on a shape that was reminiscent of PRS.

I'm working with a new supplier who can make much more authentic PRS Style kits, whilst avoiding any trademark issues.

We should see these kit around June/July.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Quote Originally Posted by adam View Post
    Our main supplier only offers the PRS-1TS and PRS-1S kits, which were very slow sellers. They were kinda-loosely-based-on a shape that was reminiscent of PRS.

I'm working with a new supplier who can make much more authentic PRS Style kits, whilst avoiding any trademark issues.

We should see these kit around June/July.
    That sounds good. I'll keep my eye out for them.

Looking at the PRS-1TS, PRS-1S, PRS-1H, and PRS-1Q I'm wondering if they didn't sell well because of the inlays. I definately would have preferred just standard dot inlays than the crosses for the 1H (which I'm still working on).

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk