Hi all,

I just got my DHB-5F and I'm pretty excited to get started. I have a lot of research to do! I've already started here on the forum and was answered by Andy40. Thanks!

I've tinkered with some of my guitars in the past. I've usually bought pawn shop el-cheapos and beefed them up a bit (or possibly stuffed them).

I have an old Sakai copy of a Gibson L6S in which I put Ibanez humbuckers.

I also have an old Riviera Commander hollow body bass (4 string). I pulled the frets out. I played it for years without doing too much to the fingerboard. But I needed to strengthen it and to get a slightly more solid sound, so after speaking with a couple of luthiers, they suggested using resin. That has worked, but there are some dips. I'll be sanding it down and polishing it. The pickups weren't much either, so I replaced one with a bass humbucker. I needed to widen the pickup cavity and "improvise" with the mounting. Suffice to say, that I call it my "Frankenbass" for a reason!

I've repaired guitars and other electronics in the past.

Anyhow, I'm ready to try my hand at doing it right!

P.S. My username is my bandname from a band I was in back in the day and is from a Birthday Party song.