Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: My First Build - TLA-1

This is just a really quick video update to show the jump from final sanding to primer being applied

https://youtu.be/hQ5jYlL6Bp8

It痴 looking good Superpuffin. Your taking your time which is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its one of those times where having been busy at work has been in my favour and stopped me from rushing.

Getting to the colour stage is pretty stressful though but will do my best

I am so glad to see the colour of yours - I know I made the right decision on mine now - they should look almost identical in the end.

4. Liked by: I値l give it a go

Quote Originally Posted by supapuffin View Post
    Its one of those times where having been busy at work has been in my favour and stopped me from rushing.

Getting to the colour stage is pretty stressful though but will do my best

I am so glad to see the colour of yours - I know I made the right decision on mine now - they should look almost identical in the end.
    Yeah, I was originally looking at surf green but because I wasn稚 sure where to get the colour from and the cost I changed my mind. Then when I saw that you had ordered the same it pushed me to go back to my original colour choice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	First Top Coat.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	31257

Finally applying the colour. I know it won't be to everyone's taste but it is exactly the colour I was hoping for. So one down, another 5 or 6 to go.

7. Liked by: I値l give it a go

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	First Top Coat.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	31257

Finally applying the colour. I know it won't be to everyone's taste but it is exactly the colour I was hoping for. So one down, another 5 or 6 to go.
    I like the Colour, hope you have more success than myself, 3 steps forward and 5 back. Looking forward to seeing your end result.

Quote Originally Posted by I値l give it a go View Post
    I like the Colour, hope you have more success than myself, 3 steps forward and 5 back. Looking forward to seeing your end result.

Thanks a lot for your kind words - I am optimistic but soooo careful considering how easily it can go wrong

Off to buy more 400 grit paper - the hidden cost of guitar building.

Mine has gone totally pear shaped. Every time I spray clear coat I知 getting debris from somewhere floating around and sticking to the body. I keep having to sand it back, I even sanded it too far and a tiny piece of wood showed through, and had to repaint it. I致e gone through 2 cans of paint and 1 can of clear. Looks like I致e got to sand back the clear coat again and maybe repaint it. It痴 driving me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by I値l give it a go View Post
    Mine has gone totally pear shaped. Every time I spray clear coat I知 getting debris from somewhere floating around and sticking to the body. I keep having to sand it back, I even sanded it too far and a tiny piece of wood showed through, and had to repaint it. I致e gone through 2 cans of paint and 1 can of clear. Looks like I致e got to sand back the clear coat again and maybe repaint it. It痴 driving me nuts.

I have been following the troubles you have been having and it must be so frustrating. Hopefully the next go will deliver the right outcome. Will hopefully make your next build a breeze.

I have been following the troubles you have been having and it must be so frustrating. Hopefully the next go will deliver the right outcome. Will hopefully make your next build a breeze.
    Thanks supapuffin, I hope so.
    My next build will be spring when it痴 warmer.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast