Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Future of Pit Bull Guitars

Future of Pit Bull Guitars

Hello!

UPDATE: Whilst Sales negotiations continue and there are plenty of great kits still in stock, we will be keeping the site open until the Sale of the Business is finalised or does not proceed

On October 31, Pit Bull Guitars (website and eBay store) will close, temporarily, whilst we negotiate the sale of the business with a potential new owner; with a view to re-launch the business, under new ownership, in late 2023/early 2024.

This Community Forum will not be impacted and will remain active indefinitely. It is hosted on a separate server and domain; www.buildyourownguitar.com.

As the current owner of the business, since 2012, I have decided to formally retire and focus on other pursuits. Whilst I had originally planned my retirement (and sale of the business) for next year, a few recent events have made me rethink that now is the time to move on.

Keep your eye on our Specials and Seconds page, from the second week of October, as we introduce a number of Custom Specials, Factory Seconds, and Incomplete Kits; plus a healthy range of separate bodies and necks, hardware packs and other extras. No, sorry, I can’t say what these are now, as I haven’t catalogued them yet.

All products purchased this month (October 2023) will be Fully Guaranteed for a full 60 days from date of purchase. Product defects, which are only been only identified after December 31, can be discussed, and resolved, on this Community Forum. As the sole business owner, I will take personal responsibility for all warranty claims, for sales on or before 31 October.

On behalf of myself and the Pit Bull Guitars Team, wishing you all the best in your Guitar or Bass Journey and Thank You for the wonderful memories!

Adam Boyle

FAQ

1. When will you get more stock?

What you see on our website is what we currently have in stock. Any products sold out will be removed from the site. Please note: this has to be done manually, so you may see products identified as “Out of stock” still listed on the site for a day or two.

We had planned to have a new shipment of DIY Kits arriving next month, however, due to the downturn of sales (post Pandemic lockdowns, when we were cleaned out), due to “cost of living” pressures, and the fall of the Australian Dollar, there was simply not enough money to pay another full container load of Kits.

Assuming the sale of the business goes through, it will be up to the new owners when they schedule their first Sea Freight shipment of DIY Kits

1. Will there be Custom Kit options again?

Again, this will be up the new owners.

1. What will happen if the business is not sold?

If the parties with whom we are currently in negotiations do not proceed, I will make an announcement here on this Forum seeking offers for the purchase of the Pit Bull Guitars “Brand”. This would include all licensed Trademarks, all Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube) and the Website.
    Note: I will add to this list of FAQ’s as I receive more questions about this Announcement
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

2. Liked by: david bodycomb

Mentor
    Thank you Adam for keeping us up to date- and I think I speak for us all in saying thank you so much for your Herculean efforts. Not only have you built a well-respected business with a stellar reputation across the globe, but you have begun a community which I envisage shall only thrive into the future.

Bravo- you're a prince among men. I look forward to further developments as they come to hand.

El
    Last edited by Bass Guy; 03-10-2023 at 07:34 PM.
    "Music is in the air; it's my job to pull it out."- Jaco Pastorius

Thank you for the update! Really enjoyed my build and I'll be keeping track of the Pitbull brand for future projects. Best to you.

5. Liked by: david bodycomb

Thanks for the update, Adam. And all the best to yourself and to your future. You've ran a superb company with excellent service, and through a difficult period globally and economically. Thank you for introducing me to the joy of guitar making.

Mathew.

7. Liked by: david bodycomb

A very big thankyou for the kits I have gotten from you and all your help. Sourcing left handed gear is always a challenge.
    May you have many happy years of retirement.
    Who knows, you might have time to put a couple of kits together.

All the best,
    Colin Frederick

9. Liked by: david bodycomb

Adam, best of luck with the sale and with whatever life brings you afterwards. It'll be a challenge for the new owners to match the level of customer service you provided.

11. Liked by: david bodycomb

This has been a great adventure, and you will have an enduring legacy of all the great guitars around the world. Hope you'll check in from time to time to tell us about your adventures. Thank you for all you've done!

13. Liked by: david bodycomb

Thanks for the update Adam. I have thoroughly enjoyed my recent build, and certainly learned a lot from it. I do hope the takeover goes well.

15. Liked by: david bodycomb

Gosh how come your moving on if thats not improper to ask,? i really like these kits a lot im going to order yet a 4th kit now its so much fun building them?
    Anyways best of luck sir you done real goodlies by us all here i presume and utmost thanks for providing us musicians with such a wonderful opportunity to create what we love-guitars.
    Hope the sale goes really well ive been doing my bit to promote these kits on the youtubes and amongst friends because well heck why not im all for supporting small Australian business to thrive here and always do what i can to help them here in Australia.
    Good luck sir and thank you my brother James bodycomb and i luv these kits aye.
    Kindest regards always from David Bodycomb.

17. Liked by: david bodycomb

Thank you very much for the opportunity of getting into the guitar building. It was and still is a lot of fun and great experience! Wish you all the best for the future!

19. Liked by: david bodycomb

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast