Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2nd track from the album has just seen light of day

2nd track from the album has just seen light of day

This one was written as a tribute by Bob to his parents

It was not destined to be released as a single but the video has been put up, very happy with how this one has turned out
    Last edited by dave.king1; 29-03-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Would appear that the video is about to be brought down to have the opening edited, should be by Never Too Late with the band photo

Now you're just teasing us...

Finally got the glitches sorted, the video was compiled and edited by Noel Sadler @ Skip Films

Hopefully you find the clip and the story enjoyable

6. Liked by: dave.king1

I’d like that circular saw 43 seconds into the clip.

Quote Originally Posted by blinddrew View Post
    Very nice Dave!
    Thanks Drew.

The song was recorded by a friend in Cubase, my bass part was DI and the acoustic, woodblock & voices were all through an SM57, the raw tracks delivered to me and edited and mixed in Reaper using the native plugins and the MIDI viola part for Old Shep at the end was written in the piano roll and the VSTi is Orchestral Companion from Sonivox.

The editing process was difficult as the tracks weren't put down with a click track simply sung to the acoustic as one might around a campfire so nothing sat on a grid and the timing wandered all over the place.

I isolated the woodblock and stuck that track into Riffstation to get the average BPM which I used to create the correct grid in Reaper and manually pulled the various parts into line from there while still allowing for some phrasing to take place in the lead vocal, there is a slight timing clam at the end but we decided to let that go so it still had a bit of a live feel to it.

Once mixed I put it through AAMS ( Auto Audio Mastering System ) software from Curioza which ultimately provides a similar output to using online mastering services from the likes of Landr except you have the option of using one of hundreds of presets or create the sound profile you want by sampling the sonic structure of a commercial release that you want your song to sound like, very interesting piece of software at a friendly price. ( E65.00 )

http://www.curioza.com/

Nice work Dave. Not my usual genre but I enjoyed it.

10. Liked by: dave.king1

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Nice work Dave. Not my usual genre but I enjoyed it.
    The album covers a lot more ground than just country, there's a bit of blues, reggae, 60s rock as well and of course layers of voices

Interesting stuff Dave, most of my stuff tends not to be to a click because it often starts with an unscheduled idea.
    I tend to do my own mastering, less than ideal I know, but really it's just a case of sorting loudness and dynamics, a bit of stereo width and central bass compression, and maybe a bit of light eq if anything shows up as needed after various car / grotbox / mono tests.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast