I bought an Artist Strat Copy Pack with 10w amp on Ebay. It was second hand but in mint condition. Candy Apple Red, HSS Wilkinson Ceramic Pickups, even a set of strings, Basswood body and surprisingly good construction. I was very pleased that the humbucker even had 4 core wiring.

Now, normally these packs are worth over $220 but I had an Ebay discount, no one else bid and the young guy lived local. I picked it up and saved on delivery. I got it for $40! It felt like I was stealing it from the kid.

I thought with the money I saved, I can splurge put and mod this one like crazy! A massive $50 later I bought a new black pickguard, white knobs, an A500k push-push pot, roller tree strings and locking machine heads from Aliexpress. Ok, so I'm cheap! It's the Scottish blood in me.

I've now rewired the the bridge humbucker so that the inner coil is cancelled when the coil is cut. I've also rewired the switch and pots using the Dan Armstrong circuit to create a master volume, master tone and blend pots.

Instead of the normal 5 tone options, this baby has 22 tone options! It's taking a while to see what setting work best with clean, over driven and distorted amp settings but it sure is fun.

When I have some spare change, I will replace the pickups with something better quality but for now it's fine. Any suggestions on replacement pickups would be greatly appreciated as this is my first strat. I'll want to keep a basic vintage tone but what humbucker to use??

Here is a like for the Dan Armstrong Mod for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWF1L7GBYfU

Try it out if you have the chance. It's easy, cheap and hours of fun for the whole family.

I'll post a pic later.