Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57

Thread: The Deluxester Prototype - Sonic's foray into repeatable scratch builds

Very cool!
    We can't really do outdoor venues in the UK.

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Cheers Yeah it was a bit sketch there as well with rain incoming. Managed to hold off till the last song of the following band. Cool atmosphere though, there was a fire pit so auto smoke machine. Played out biggest venue so far last night, nice to have a stage bigger than a postage stamp. Even got a reasonable turn out, there were 4 gigs happening in a two block radius last night, which is a lot for Toowoomba, and that split the usual crowd a bit.

Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Mountain View Post
    Well here goes nothing. Decided to put a coat of blue mettalic down to make up for any thin spots in the glitter. In the end the coverage ended up pretty even. Fingers crossed all goes well with clearing over the top, its pretty chunky!

My fret dots and a few other bits and pieces arrived today. Realised I forgot to order pick guard screws annoyingly. Also got my white pearloid pick guard material. This is going to be one flashy guitar lol.
    Hi Sonic

I am about to try and spray some metallic flakes. Or at least get this type of glitter finish on a guitar I’m working on. First time so if you are free anytime to give me some pointers? Would be massively appreciated. This one turned out great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just caught up with this Sonic. What an outcome!👏🏻

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    Great pic of the band there!
    Cheers Simon, biggest venue we’ve played to date with unreal sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Freakystyley View Post
    Hi Sonic
    I am about to try and spray some metallic flakes. Or at least get this type of glitter finish on a guitar I’m working on. First time so if you are free anytime to give me some pointers? Would be massively appreciated. This one turned out great
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey sorry for the long delay in replying, I don’t get on here as much as I used to. Basically, its just as per the post. I sprayed an automotive acrylic undercoat in a similar colour to the glitter then liberally applied glitter while it was still wet and then sprayed a bit of clear over it to hold it in place. I let that dry and then just sprayed a couple of coats of clear every few days. Once I had about 2 cans on there I let it dry out and harden for a while (longer the better). Then sand back with 600-2000 wet and dry and buff with cutting compound.
    It would be far more sensible to have some flake paint made up and sprayed with a halfway decent gun using a reasonably large nozzle, but this method works fine if you are patient

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMark View Post
    Just caught up with this Sonic. What an outcome!👏🏻
    Cheers Mark. It’s reliably performed at gigs and rehearsal for the last couple of months I’m very happy with it.
    I’m currently working on yet another permutation that I’ll share in good time.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57