Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PB-30R (30" scale bass)

Quote Originally Posted by gauge105 View Post
    I forgot to mention, I used a shinto medium/fine rasp for shaping the headstock.

Seriously, these things are freaking awesome! If you haven't got one yet, get one!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Shinto Rasps are awesome, StewMac dragon rasps and razor files are also great for head and neck shaping adjustments
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

2. Liked by: gauge105

Superb effort. I do like inlays.

4. Liked by: gauge105

A lesson I learned with the resin... I added blue glitter to the mix, you know, just coz awesomeness factor.

Turns out that heavy particles like glitter just sink to the bottom while it sets.

If I had routed a shallower grove for the inlay the glitter may have been visible, however I was trying to remove body mass to reduce the weight.

If I attempt something this again later I'll invest in the proper epoxy pigments rather than just using chalk dust.

Quote Originally Posted by gauge105 View Post
    A lesson I learned with the resin... I added blue glitter to the mix, you know, just coz awesomeness factor.

Turns out that heavy particles like glitter just sink to the bottom while it sets.

If I had routed a shallower grove for the inlay the glitter may have been visible, however I was trying to remove body mass to reduce the weight.

If I attempt something this again later I'll invest in the proper epoxy pigments rather than just using chalk dust.

Potentially you could have done two epoxy pours? lay the glitter/flake on top of the first pour and run your second pour over that?
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    Potentially you could have done two epoxy pours? lay the glitter/flake on top of the first pour and run your second pour over that?
    You're a thinkin man!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2