Hi everyone, my name is Gerard and I am living in the Netherlands. A few weeks back I ordered the GR-1SF kit. Truth be told, I am actually a drummer who sometimes picks up a guitar to play at home. This hollow body build might not be the easiest, but with some patience it should be a very rewarding process. I was inspired to building my own guitar after restoring a really nice but also very beaten-up drum kit and a set of hifi-speakers recently. Perhaps later there will come a time to build a decent guitar amplifier, but first let's focus on the instrument itself!

For anyone interested when it comes to shipping to the Netherlands: the kit arrived within one week upon ordering, quicker than expected. The customs fee was €68, to be paid at the post office.

This is what it looks like straight out of the box:

The neck and body fit tightly and i am very happy with it. Minor scratches on the wood will be removed when sanding. The bridge pickup almost fits into the pocket, so it needs a little adjustment to make the gap a few mm wider.

In the next posts i will show some ideas for the finishing that i have in mind and probably will ask for some advice from the more experienced builders!