Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: #3rd Custom GR-1SF ‘Annylonation’.

Things only you will know. Others won't even look for it. Looking so good and must have been exciting to play her for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Bakersdozen View Post
    Things only you will know. Others won't even look for it. Looking so good and must have been exciting to play her for the first time
    It’s not a big distraction and sometimes the fix can be worse than the problem. Playing it the first time plugged in was a bit underwhelming, but moving the pickup to the bridge was a good move. The strings are still stretching and I have to constantly tune up but hopefully after the first week it will settle. Still, I’m having fun playing it.
    I did have a concern the thicker strings would be too bunched together for my fat fingers. Not an issue.
    Another concern was bending the E strings off the fretboard. Also not an issue...only happed once due to some sloppy technique.
    Can’t complain.

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Overall its a great result, I totally feel your pain with the little boo boos. You are being a lot more level headed about that I am!
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Thanks SM, I think will do something about the holes, most likely timber mate.
    As a point of interest, I assumed the body was symmetrical, so when I replaced the bridge this morning I thought to myself, “What are you doing all the way over there?”. Turns out not so.
    Pickup glued into place and I very happy to say the experiment is a success!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PNG image 88.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	464.5 KB 
ID:	33834  

Victory!

The war has come to an end and the battle is won. Victory is ours, comrades!
    It hasn’t been an easy build and there have been issues with the kit which I have withheld to strengthen morale.
    I brought another bone nut which luckily was a better fit than the previous nut and had the slots cut to width and depth. Had I known it would cost $60 and take a week I probably would of brought the nut files myself.
    Anyhow, thanks for the interest, comments and everyone who has followed the diary. Much appreciated!
    I’m calling it finished.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PNG image 91.png 
Views:	123 
Size:	870.8 KB 
ID:	34144  

Well done comrade! I'd love to get my hands on that beauty for a little fingerpick or two.

Thanks, Mark. I’ll post a sound demo soon.

8. Liked by: Bakersdozen

It is a gorgeous thing. I would walk straight across a shop straight to that every time.

I love it! Beautiful. It screams "Django!" to me, though only in a generational sense because the D-hole Maccaferri was more his instrument.

My GR-1SF has given me grief colour-wise, but I love it. However, seeing yours makes me love mine a little less ...

As a poetic side-issue, notice how the model "GR-1SF" actually resembles the word, "GRIEF"!?! I expect someone else has already posted such a notion, but I had to mention it.

Great build, DarkMark. I have Gretch-style envy now ...

Quote Originally Posted by Honkenstein View Post
    I love it! Beautiful. It screams "Django!" to me, though only in a generational sense because the D-hole Maccaferri was more his instrument.
    Phew! No need to lop a few fingers off in order for historical correctness.

Yes I think a fantastic finish worthy of GOTM.

cheers, Mark.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast