Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: March and April Guitar of the Month (for Guitars and Basses finished in Feb and March

And the comments - quite a few guitars so its taken some time to get the results back...
    Shr1mpy’s PB-4
    What a great Vintage amber stain with satin finish. Love the bass job here the neck is straight and true and I'm sure I can see some sort of veneer on that headstock. Amazing first build, tidy effort.
    Nice and classic and simple – what’s not to like! Good consistent colours, nice shiny finish – overall great guitar.
    A nice, clean, classic PB. Great first build and definitely has that 60's feel.
    Top effort for a 1st build. Nice colour choices and there is some really interesting grain on the headstock but it still needs a logo.
    A nice traditional build. I like the colour choice, sets off the pickguard well. A good straight forward bass, nice job.

Fretworn’s AST-1FB
    Fretty this thinline strat is just built to be played. Gold stain top, natural finish on the back and neck, love the ensemble. I bet that tremolo is second to none and joined over those toneriders to a tusq nut to those grover tuners, this would be a tone monster!
    I love the look of the back and neck. The top is great, but I think the red pickguard detracts a little for me. Nicely finished and excellent upgrades.
    Mix of colours doesn’t do it for me. Nicely finished and work done is great. Being super picky (need to in this comp), the only issues I could pick was with the headstock – the logo hasn’t blended in as well and rounding off of the headstock is a touch inconsistent – but these are only minor.
    FW Golden Teak finish always look good and works well with the gold hardware. Love the headstock shape and elegant logo. Lots of tasty upgrades too. Not a fan of the Red scratch plate and reckon pearl white may have looked better.
    nice slick build, love the subtle but cool headstock logo. The amber tones work nicely with the red pickguard and gold hardware. Some nice detail on the flame. Eye catching without looking too busy.

Booooooom’s RC-4
    Nicely finished! Love the use of the RC style bridge as well, while keeping the other components. Colour is nicely done and consistent. Overall effect is good. Personally keep the bridge pickup cover off – it tends to get in the way if you’re playing fingerstyle.
    Blue with white plastics really suits these RC's, it looks fantastic. Although, with blue under any oil I worry it may green up over time. Nice TRC and great overall look. Are they the stock strings with the thick wind short of the nut on the E?
    This build is simply stunning. The stain and satin finish are, for me, jaw dropping The white scratchplate sets off the blue stain. Its extremely tidy work. I hope to see more of this work in the future Booooooom.
    What a stunner. Blue is such a hard colour to get right and you nailed it with plenty of Ash grain on display too. Bonus points for Truss Rod Cover and personalised logo plus custom made single ply scratch plate.
    These basses always look the business, and this is no exception. Love the blue, it goes so well with the white and chrome. Cool logo! A lot of work here to make a great looking bass.

Paolo’s GR-1SF
    The GR's just look classy, even the lefties. I love the colour and look of the finish, and a great headstock face. Strangely, the custom pickguard doesn't quite work for me, not sure why. Very nice first build.
    Nice personalisations with the pickguard . Colours all sit together nicely and the overall effect is awesome.
    Nice to see a lefty pop up. What a slick machine - that two tone style finish looks traditional and classic - this will always look good. Smart use of roller bridge with the Bigsby. Love the wooden pickguard. lots of work here and it shows, super nice build - you need to put your name/logo on it!
    Paolo this build is understated and gorgeous. That wiring is a job in itself, you;ve done a really great job wiht the set neck and custom pickguard! look at it!. Sorry points off for using furniture stain on a guitar as awesome as this, but it still looks awesome.
    Very subtle antique look and vibe going on here. That headstock is awesome and your own logo would add the finishing touch. I like the rounded off truss rod cover as most kit ones are more angular and can look harsh. Kudos on the custom pick guard too.

Bakersdozen’s ST-1
    Super cool retro S type build. Love the way the racing stripes are colour matched , really pulls it together. Soft blue tones look great, nice build
    Overall effect is sweet, but not my pick of colours. Racing stripe is great, but I’m looking for it on the back! Logo is nicely done and hard to see any edges. Nice mod of the custom shop logo as well.
    BD this is a great build. I love that flamey flame flame veneer. great decals. Not a big fan of the colour choice but that's personal taste. great finish and great attention to detail. There are some really great upgrades except for the tuners, sorry they stood out for me. Hopefully you can upgrade the, this guitar deserves it. Great work mate.
    Love the headstock veneer, great flame. Nice finish and colour combo, not sure about the stripes not continuing to the back. A nice clean looking ST. Well done.
    Vey bold colour scheme. Not my cuppa tea but looks well finished. Love the flame maple on headstock plus front & rear logos. Sensible upgrades too.

Dedman’s TL-1TB
    A real departure from previous guitars Deddy, but no loss in quality. Overall I like how this comes together for a great overall effect.
    Stop it! just stop Dedman. Just take my money. Very tidy work yet again. All of those extra (expensive) sprinkles are nothing short of awesome, although not very Dedman colour, I'm a fan of that colour choice! beautiful finish too.
    It’s a Dedman guitar , but its not black.... Pale blue is the go this month for F type guitars... and it looks retro cool. Sweet single/hum setup and like the pickguard shape. That Duesenberg trem is a ripper , and love the knobs and switch. In true Deddy style, this is a nice hot rod.
    A nice custom kit with excellent upgrades and mods. Well finished and a nice look, but the colour is a little pale for my tastes. Nevertheless, it suits the style and look it was designed to for.
    Nice pastel blue shade where the attention to detail is right up there with all your other builds. Would love to hear how it sounds.

Step1507’s ES-1
    Great overall effect. Colours are classic – red white and black and go together well. Hope it plays as well as it looks. I got a thing for ES type guitars at the moment so this build speaks to me. Classic look from the front and interesting colour choice for the back of the neck. The colour of that body stain is just perfect. I only wish the photos were a bit better (in focus) as its hard to see the quality of the finish. Those Tonerider AC2's will sing. You clearly need to do another build step, please do a build diary this time. great job mate
    Lovely ES, red always looks good on these, nice satin look on this one. You’ve worked with the 4 panel top nicely. I’m pretty sure after finishing one of these you get a bachelors of wiring, so well done. A nice looking build, with nice headstock and logo.
    A build of two faces for me. I love the colour and look of the front and that combines well with the dark back of the neck. I also love the wood tones of the back and sides. Each look great but they don't really gel together for me. Really nice upgrades and still a classy looking build.
    Gotta love a traditional looking Red ES guitar with a few subtle upgrades including control knobs and scratch plate. Good to see a headstock logo but for a few bucks a more rounded off truss rod cover would look better. Personally I reckon that all set necks should be same colour as what they join. The black looks great but just doesn’t fit in with the overall theme.

Marshi’s GS-2
    Love the natural colours of the front – the book matched flames come out beautifully. Overall effect is classic and sweet!
    I can instantly tell that this has been stained with colourless Dingotone. The quality of the colourless stain shows and I bet the lustre of that guitar is just beautiful. Whilst the type of guitar is not my thing its a great build, reverse headstock not sure what the pickups are but the zebra bobbins look very cool.
    I love the blonde top, really nice. A clean but still aggressive look with the zebras and black hardware. It's the shame the photo of the back isn't as well lit as the front, as I'm sure it would look even better. Well done.
    Perfect choice with natural finish to show off flame maple top. Rear looks good too, especially with custom made timber control cavity cover plate finished in same colour as the body. Were you tempted to do tremolo cover the same as that would look superb. Only nit picking thing is the daggy stock truss rod cover which probably best suits the sharper angled headstock.
    really nice clean look that just screams shred. All the black fixtures look just right on this. The top hasnt given you a lot to work with, with only a hint of flame, but the colour combo you’ve chosen works really well. Cool logo and zebras look just right on this.

Simonism’s AST-1QB
    First one in a comp and a beauty! Well done, love the brown tones and not pushing too hard. Overall great!
    A quilted thinline strat, you beauty. Great stain colour choice with pearloid scratchplate. wish there was a build diary. The only issue I had was I wish the headstock had a decal and a bit more work as it detracts from the body, but for a second build great work Simon.
    Just beautiful. Love the colour with the subtle changes, it works so well with the flame and plastics. The neck is not too blonde, not too dirty and matches perfectly. The only detraction for me is the headstock face looks a little plain in comparison to the rest. Great build.
    Whilst the surface may not be glassy smooth, you nailed the colour scheme. White pearl scratch plate makes the world of difference and compliments the flame grain popping. Rather large oversized headstock shape that might need some string trees and could do with a logo too.
    How cool are these semi hollow ST guitars. Nice quilt on this one, and you’ve come up with a nice amber tone, nice treatment on the quilt. A nicely executed build, and the colour tones work well. Needs a name on the headstock!

Now votes were very close across a couple of guitars with about 4 within a whisker of each other. But the runner up is...
    Booooooom’s RC-4!

And the winner by the thinnest of margins...
    Marshi's GS-2

Congratulations guys! Glad I wasn’t voting.
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck

Another hard month for judges.

Congrats all entrants with Marshi & Boooom for reaching top steps on the podium.
    # 1 - EX-5 https://goo.gl/fQJMqh
    # 2 - EX-1 https://goo.gl/KSY9W9
    # 3 - Non PBG Tele https://goo.gl/W14G5g
    # 4 - Non PBG J Bass https://goo.gl/FbBaFy
    # 5 - TL-1AR GOTM Aug 2017 https://goo.gl/sUh14s
    # 6 - MMB-4 Runner-up GOTM Oct 2018https://goo.gl/gvrPkp
    # 7 - ES-1 Runner-up GOTM Aug 2018https://goo.gl/T9BEY8

Wow! Honoured to be runner up amongst such high quality builds and not an easy task for the judges. Congratulations to Marshi, that’s a fine looking axe - well done!

Yes, it was the supplied E string with a short thicker winding. Strings have since been replaced with some rotosounds that fit fine.

Thanks to everyone for comments and encouragement which were greatly appreciated. I’m currently planning on building a couple of bass cabs but have my eye on another kit once they’re finished...
    Last edited by Booooooom; 14-04-2019 at 08:25 PM.

well done chaps, well deserved wins!
    Build 19 PSH-1 Kustom
    Build 18 HB-4S Kustom
    Build 17 WL-1 Kustom
    Build 16 TL-1TB Kustom
    Build 15 PBG-2-
    Build 14 FTD-1
    Build 13 RD-1 Kustom
    Build 12 DM-1S
    Build 11 MKA-2 -
    Build 10 Basic strat
    Build 9 JM Kustom
    Build 8 FV-1G
    Build 7 ES-2V
    Build 6- Community prototype
    Build 5 LP-1LQ
    Build 4 ES-5V
    Build 3 JR-1
    Build 2 GD-1
    Build 1 TLA-1

Well done guys, really top notch guitars.
    Build #1 - ST-1 - Completed
    Build #2 - LP-1SS - Completed
    Build #3 - TLA-1R - Completed
    Build #4 - SGD-612 - Completed
    Build #5 - ES-1G - Completed
    Build #6 - STA-1HT | Completed
    Build #7 - ST1JR - Completed
    Current Build #8 - JBA-4
    Build #9 - Semi-scratch build Tele x 2 - Completed
    Current Build #10 - PRS-1H
    Current Build #11 - AGJR-1 - Completed
    Current Build #12 - ATL-1SB
    Current Build #13 - GST-1
    Current Build #14 - FBM-1

Hi all

Thank you all and congratulations to everyone on amazing builds, they're all beautiful instruments that inspire the individuallity I think we all desire. Thank you Brendan for uploading my entry, thanks to Adam for helping me with my custom order and DB for the great finishes. Like I said recently to Adam, once you've played an instrument you've built there's no turning back. Without a doubt Pit Bull Guitars have made making guitars both easy and fun but most of all inspiring. Thanks again. I'm truly honoured .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast