Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: New guitar day today.

I finally decided to swap out the stock pickups in my Mexican Telecaster for the Tonerider Hot Classics in my custom Butterscotch Blonde Telecaster, there are two reasons why I decided to do that, firstly I found that I was playing the Mexican Telecaster more than the custom Telecaster, and secondly I do like the Tonerider Hot Classics more than the stock Fender ones, I did also notice that the Toneriders do seem to work better with my Marshall amp's overdrive channel as well, and seeing as the Mexican Telecaster is going to be one of my main gigging guitars along with my Fender USA Strat, I'm going to spruce it up a bit by replacing the stock scratchplate screws and 3-way pickup switch with the ones from the custom Telecaster, I can always buy new hardware and pickups, etc for the custom Telecaster at a later date, besides, I'm going to be replacing the custom Tele's neck with a better one at a later date anyway.

Just had a quick look in the neck pocket of the Mexican Tele's body and yes, it is indeed made of solid wood and not plywood.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 15-04-2019 at 06:03 PM.

2. Liked by: wazkelly

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMark View Post
    Nice playing and sound demo, Doc.
    Cheers, I've been working on getting my playing style to go in a more bluesy direction, playing the blues is a lot harder than most people realize, my hat is off to all the original blues guitarists.

4. Liked by: I値l give it a go

Quote Originally Posted by DrNomis_44 View Post
    Cheers, I've been working on getting my playing style to go in a more bluesy direction, playing the blues is a lot harder than most people realize, my hat is off to all the original blues guitarists.
    I did totally agree, blues is a lot harder than I thought. But I知 enjoying the learning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4