Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Non-Pitbull Guitar builds

Non-Pitbull Guitar builds

Hi all!

So I have a few kits which aren't from PG and I'd like to have somewhere to document their builds. I like this forum and the feedback on it so would like to post the builds here.
    So I'm not really sure what the rules are about posting this sort of thing, particularly in the build diaries section. Is it ok or is there a better place. The Non-Pitbull Gear section I guess would be the second contender. But it's not really specific to builds, in fact not really for builds at all.
    Thoughts?

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

There is a whole non pbg section Kuan:

https://www.buildyourownguitar.com.a...splay.php?f=65
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    There is a whole non pbg section Kuan:

https://www.buildyourownguitar.com.a...splay.php?f=65
    Sure. But no builds section there....

FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

I'm with Kuan - would be good if there was a specific Non-PBG Guitar Builds sub-forum rather than lumping them into the gear forum.

6. Liked by: kuanjb

We've already got enough sub-forums here. It's confusing enough as it is. It really needs a good cull of the little-used forums, and moving their content into other ones.

8. Liked by: kuanjb

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    We've already got enough sub-forums here. It's confusing enough as it is. It really needs a good cull of the little-used forums, and moving their content into other ones.
    Yep. Which is actually why I'd rather just have a single build diary section. And why I'm asking if it's ok to post non-PBG kit builds. I'd be happy to not say where the kit is from.

Quote Originally Posted by kuanjb View Post
    Yep. Which is actually why I'd rather just have a single build diary section. And why I'm asking if it's ok to post non-PBG kit builds. I'd be happy to not say where the kit is from.

I think restauranteurs should provide seating for the non-punters to chow down on their big macs and whoppers.

cheers, Mark.

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Lol. To be fair, the reason it's called Build Your Own guitar and not just the Pitbull forum is to welcome builds from all over the place. You definitely don't have to be building exclusively Pitbull kits to post here at all.

To me it really doesn't matter where anything is posted, because I, like most other frequent visitors, just click on the 'new posts' tab when I come here. So I see everything regardless of where it is. Keeping things in the correct section theoretically should make it easier to find when you go looking for it later, but I do find that there is more than once place some things can be posted in so searching for something you've seen previously can be difficult if you don't remember details like who posted it.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Mountain View Post
    Lol. To be fair, the reason it's called Build Your Own guitar and not just the Pitbull forum is to welcome builds from all over the place. You definitely don't have to be building exclusively Pitbull kits to post here at all.
    I had thought so too. But the Build Diaries are within the "Pitbull Guitars Exhibition Centre" section.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Mountain View Post
    To me it really doesn't matter where anything is posted, because I, like most other frequent visitors, just click on the 'new posts' tab when I come here. So I see everything regardless of where it is.
    I generally use Tapatalk so there's no such "new posts" tab. Best I could do is subscribe to every section and I'd then get notifications.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast