Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is anyone having security issues with the website?

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Drifter View Post
    Yeah, it's not a big deal for a forum tbh.
    The store has it, and that's where it matters the most
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thharmonic View Post
    That tells you it's not SSL certified. SSL certs are costly. Being this site has no e-commerce. The SSL is not crucial.

Sent from my SM-J105Y using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    I think its just acknowledging that you are entering details into an unencrypted comms chanel - BYOGuitar doesn't use https:// at this stage.
    All of the above!

Recent Chrome updates are flagging sites that do not use encryption as "Not Secure", which is kind of correct, but not. Just because a site has SSL does not mean it is secure, just that data that flows between the website and your web browser is encrypted and can't be meaningfully viewed by any third parties (99.9999% of the time). Chances are that you actually want other people to view the data you are sending to this site anyway, so as 12thharmonic said, it's not particularly crucial.

That being said - I'll get us all secure in the coming week.
    Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    All of the above!

Recent Chrome updates are flagging sites that do not use encryption as "Not Secure", which is kind of correct, but not. Just because a site has SSL does not mean it is secure, just that data that flows between the website and your web browser is encrypted and can't be meaningfully viewed by any third parties (99.9999% of the time). Chances are that you actually want other people to view the data you are sending to this site anyway, so as 12thharmonic said, it's not particularly crucial.

That being said - I'll get us all secure in the coming week.
    Sweet! Thank you for that explanation and follow up.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

It should be good now, assuming I didn't miss something!

Let me know if you spot anything.

If you host on IMGUR or similar, try and use secure urls (starting with https) when posting here if that is an option.
    Tech Support

Just a note, I've been logged in pretty well continuously for the past year (maybe two) which I suppose is one of the joys of running firefox on a Ubuntu system. Login even stayed when my PC box went into sleep mode which has been ultra convenient. However in the past 48hrs I've been logged off twice. I'm hoping this was only because Darren did something like a reboot to the forum server...

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    Just a note, I've been logged in pretty well continuously for the past year (maybe two) which I suppose is one of the joys of running firefox on a Ubuntu system. Login even stayed when my PC box went into sleep mode which has been ultra convenient. However in the past 48hrs I've been logged off twice. I'm hoping this was only because Darren did something like a reboot to the forum server...
    Hi Marcel, thanks for letting us know. it is very possible that things I have been doing over the last 2 days could have caused that. (changes to cookie path)

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk
    Tech Support

In ave had the same but only just this afternoon
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post
    it is very possible that things i have been doing over the last 2 days could have caused that. (changes to cookie path)
    Cookies!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CM.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	29971

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2