Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: what have i done

Great picks, look forward to seeing them evolve!
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

2. Liked by: Benderson

Welcome Benderson.

Rule number one is Be Patient. A build I’d bound to take longer than you think, and there is a fair bit of waiting. Rule number two is the guitar will be what it wants to be, which is not necessarily what you want it to be. All of us have had to change our plans on builds because the guitar had different plans, so be flexible and open to change.

Hav you thought about what finish you want on the guitars?
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck

4. Liked by: Benderson

Quote Originally Posted by Fretworn View Post
    Welcome Benderson.

Rule number one is Be Patient. A build I’d bound to take longer than you think, and there is a fair bit of waiting. Rule number two is the guitar will be what it wants to be, which is not necessarily what you want it to be. All of us have had to change our plans on builds because the guitar had different plans, so be flexible and open to change.

Yes i have a few ideas but like you indicated i may be changing plans!!! I would like to put an image on at least one. In the process of researching how? may need to direct that question to Mr Bass..

Quote Originally Posted by Fretworn View Post
    Welcome Benderson.

Ooh I like this. It’s a bit like a wand picking its owner (sorry Harry Potter fans) I often thought this when playing guitars. Some speak to you and some don’t. If you find on that does then you are lucky. Guitars are soulful and mythical instruments. Building one is like breathing life into something beautiful. It’s right. They will be what they want to be. They will fight you and make you commit to them and draw you’re love and life into the build. I am finding this definitely.

Welcome to the madhouse. Lovely choices in kits and looking forward to seeing what they become.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Liked by: Benderson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2