Thread: guitars with scalloped necks

guitars with scalloped necks

i thought about maybe pit bull guitars could sell scalloped necks because it's hard to find good quality scalloped necks that doesn't cost an arm and leg also i think that pit bull guitars should sell different sizes of guitar frets from small to scalloped

The hard thing is, you need a machine for it to make it cheaper, and those aren't cheap at all.
    Otherwise it's a lot of labour.
    They could probably do an add on price for scallops, and their resident luthier does them (as much as he'd probably hate his life, hah), but I imagine costs would be like well above 150 for a full fretboard

This concept has been discussed before. There is such a variation between shallow and deep scalloping that it would be hard to provide what people were after, and there are wouldn’t be enough demand for Adam to have the stock. The belief is the factory(ies) wouldn’t be able to do this consistently, and may not even fully understand what the requirement is. In the end it would probably be cheaper for you to by a spare neck off Adam and scallop it yourself than get the factory to custom make one, and then get it wrong.
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck