Thread: Classical Guitars

Classical Guitars

Hi all,

I predominantly play nylon string guitars and for my next Guitar Kit Project, I am looking at building an electric guitar which has wider neck. At the nut, I think a nylon string guitar is approx. 50mm, so are they are electric guitars (kit or otherwise) that have a wider neck than the standard electric guitar?

Thanks in advance,
    Coachcov

Quote Originally Posted by coachcov View Post
    Hi all,

I predominantly play nylon string guitars and for my next Guitar Kit Project, I am looking at building an electric guitar which has wider neck. At the nut, I think a nylon string guitar is approx. 50mm, so are they are electric guitars (kit or otherwise) that have a wider neck than the standard electric guitar?

Thanks in advance,
    Coachcov
    There are seven string models. Perhaps get in touch with the Pit Bull staff and ask about dimensions. If they are wider could you request a custom with a blank headstock and drill your own tuner holes, file your own nut? I’ve got chunky fingers and it’s something I considered in the past. I’ve learnt to live with my chunky fingers.

12 string TL then alter it for 6 string. You also have the fretboard radius issue. If you wanted a flat fingerboard like a classical guitar you would have to rip the frets out, sand it flat and then re-fret.
    Current:
    GTH-1

Completed:
    AST-1FB
    First Act ME276 (resurrected curb-side find)
    ES-5V
    Scratchie lapsteel
    Custom ST-1 12 String
    JBA-4
    TL-1TB
    Scratch Lapsteel
    Meinl DIY Cajon
    Cigar Box lap steel

Wishing:
    Baritone
    Open D/Standard Double 6 twin neck