Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ib-1'x'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ib-1'x'

Among all the strat and tele variaties, I think there should be more 'modern'shapes to choose from. The IB-1 is more or less the only one, but it has floyd routing and a hsh config.

I think it would be easy to make some different ib-1 models with hardtail or tom routing (or no bridge routing), HH or HS config and preferably an ebony fretboard with dot inlays (classic or ofset) or even sharkfins.

Good call Johns! I’d certainly be in that.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Hi johns, good call and something we've thought about but never pursued.

If you have the time, why don't you put together a few variations of the IB-1 and email me a list.

I think the hardtail will be popular; TOM or Strat Hardtail.

Have a think and email me your ideas: adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by johns View Post
    Among all the strat and tele variaties, I think there should be more 'modern'shapes to choose from. The IB-1 is more or less the only one, but it has floyd routing and a hsh config.

I think it would be easy to make some different ib-1 models with hardtail or tom routing (or no bridge routing), HH or HS config and preferably an ebony fretboard with dot inlays (classic or ofset) or even sharkfins.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Will do this evening

5. Liked by: adam

I would also say opt for an option with no inlays, as that's one thing I love about the 'FE' label.
    That and yeah, having the option to hard tail, or tom would be awesome. Though, probably more so hard tail vs floyd.

Then HH or HS or maybe even H for layouts.
    HH would no doubt be the most popular. As would hard tail (i imagine, considering how finnicky floyds can be and are)

Also, more 7's at the same time pls xoxo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Drifter View Post
    I would also say opt for an option with no inlays, as that's one thing I love about the 'FE' label.
    That and yeah, having the option to hard tail, or tom would be awesome. Though, probably more so hard tail vs floyd.

Then HH or HS or maybe even H for layouts.
    HH would no doubt be the most popular. As would hard tail (i imagine, considering how finnicky floyds can be and are)

Also, more 7's at the same time pls xoxo
    I agree that more superstrat/modern bodies would be great as I was roaming the website for those several times. From my perspective small offset inlays or a small modern inlay (arrows/lines) would be ideal. Without inlays lools neat but isn't useful for everyone.

I was wondering if routing templates for pickup holes might be a good idea. I am a fan of humbuckers but a lot of models feature single coils or could be more versatile without holes allowing routing your own. I think superstrats are a good example.

Quote Originally Posted by vanOverload View Post
    I agree that more superstrat/modern bodies would be great as I was roaming the website for those several times. From my perspective small offset inlays or a small modern inlay (arrows/lines) would be ideal. Without inlays lools neat but isn't useful for everyone.

I was wondering if routing templates for pickup holes might be a good idea. I am a fan of humbuckers but a lot of models feature single coils or could be more versatile without holes allowing routing your own. I think superstrats are a good example.
    Realistically without inlays should be fine for everyone. You've got side markers after all. Shouldn't need to look at the front of the fretboard. But even then, generally they aren't the type of guitar aimed at beginners

Realistically without inlays should be fine for everyone. You've got side markers after all. Shouldn't need to look at the front of the fretboard. But even then, generally they aren't the type of guitar aimed at beginners
    I agree and if it was just me I'd probably go for twelth fret inlay only (basically for the look). But there must be a reason why most guitars still feature inlays. I prefer a guitar with inlays when I am writing songs with other people or check tabs while playing.
    Anyway: From my point of view necks without inlays, 12th fret inlay only and modern inlays all would be great.

Maybe. But after 30+ years of playing in one guitar bands, I still like vissible fretboard inlays while jumping from rifs to high position lead or fills. I don't need them (indeed because of side dotsnd my ears), but I prefer to have them. And it looks better.

We have just received some IB style kits from our "A Series" supplier and they look great in the flesh.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AIB-1Q-01.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	370.0 KB 
ID:	32112 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AIB-1F-01.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	395.6 KB 
ID:	32113

Flamed or Quilted Maple veneer on a 2 piece Mahogany Body, with Mahogany Neck, Ebony fretboard and Strat style Hard-tail bridge.

Chrome, Black and Gold Hardware options.
    Cheers,

Adam

adamboyle(at)pitbullguitars.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast