Another placeholder...

Adam came through with a gem from the deep dark dusty corners of the PBG warehouse. I was chasing him for a custom order and he let me know that he had found this kit after doing a stocktake which was a new unopened box. Perfect! Flame maple cap, hog body and neck with an ebony fretboard (no inlays).

Mock build success and all in order. One slight issue with the bass side of the neck sitting a teeny tiny bit higher than the treble side. Less than a mm and hardly noticeable, but I have seen it and will get to the bottom of it. Only noticed when I was checking to see if both sides of the neck were touching the body. All good, should be an easy fix, it's either the heel or the pocket that needs a very minor adjustment. Will get this done first to then check neck angle, string/bridge alignment etc. etc.

A couple of glue spots as per normal and really looking forwards to popping the flame again on this one. Just waiting for some flame maple veneers to arrive to start testing finishes.

I have a few finishes in mind, but leaning towards paying homage to the AFD Les Paul.