Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: G'day from a Seppo in Newcastle

Just had a look at yours Deadman. Came up a beauty! Some serious inspiration there.
    As for the p90 routing on mine. I will cheat here. I’m getting the pickup off a luthier mate. I’ll let him sort that so I can go no pick guard.
    Black hardware thinking a blue or green stain top. Tru Oil.
    Electronic mods I’ll take advice and ideas as I go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Today a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”
    Bill Hicks

If you are using Tru Oil I’d suggest your, “...blue or green stain top.” Will turn out like a ‘green or green stain top.’ Tru Oil yellows pretty quickly with age and has a reputation here of turning blue guitars green. Something to consider from the get go.

3. Liked by: 12thharmonic

So a funny thing happened. While chatting with a mate about this build. He chimes in. I’m building your guitar. And from mostly parts from a friend we lost last year. He built me this.
    A build is in my future. Not sure what yet.

“Today a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”
    Bill Hicks

Nice job! Isn't great to have good friends helping each other
    I have something similar on the go, 12 string Tele with JM pickup at the neck. Unfortunately I lost last year to house renovations BUT about to get back into it.

Now that's a good friend! If it sounds as nice as it looks, you got a winner.

I used to play at the Premier Hotel in Newcastle. Is it still going?
    Where about's in the US do you hale from?

Cheers,
    Mick
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

The Premier is still part of the Sunday pub crawl as far as I know. Played there heaps as well. The Kunt and the Wicko all still going.
    And it does sound as nice as it looks. Solid ash. Heavy as a Les Paul. The fact that most of the parts come from my guitar tech friend who left this mortal coil and willed his gear to my mate who did the build.
    I’ve named her Billy.
    RIP Mr. Hibben.

Bill Hicks

Oh and originally from New Jersey.

Bill Hicks

It's great when a guitar has a backstory. Especially if it's value is measured memories.

I only asked about your origin because I'm from Boston. 22 years ago.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Easy coast represent!

Bill Hicks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2