Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark's JTL-1 TeleMaster / JazzMaster

Mine had the same light section except it was on the back. Wonder if its from the same plank?

Quote Originally Posted by Richy17 View Post
    Mine had the same light section except it was on the back. Wonder if its from the same plank?
    Quite very well could be sister of Blasteroid haha. My 3yo daughter has nicknamed this one "single girl". She's labelled the other ones too - Strat project is called "Minty" and "Browny Boy" is the PRS lol she hasn't seen the LP yet - neither has the Mrs

I had good success with my scrap testing applying timbermate really rubbing it in, then wiping straight off across the grain with a damp cloth. Rinse the cloth in bucket of water and keep going. Letting that dry then applied FW sanding sealer straight over the top without sanding. Once the sealer dried, then I sanded back to 400grit. My idea here was to preserve the filler and seal it into the grains without pulling too much out in the sanding process. We will see how that schedule goes on the body.

Timbermate wiped:

Wet sanding sealer front and sides:

Quote Originally Posted by Bakersdozen View Post
    Quite very well could be sister of Blasteroid haha. My 3yo daughter has nicknamed this one "single girl". She's labelled the other ones too - Strat project is called "Minty" and "Browny Boy" is the PRS lol she hasn't seen the LP yet - neither has the Mrs
    Haha my wife hasn’t seen any of my kit builds yet 😂

Dried sanding sealer on the top, now to do the neath
    Wet sanding sealer underneath

Keen to start sanding over the next few days to see what that reveals

First soak coats of TruOil on. I can see a few dust bunnies already, but will give it a run over with the white scourer and then maybe sandpaper depending on how it looks after a night. Was able to do the front and sides this morning and the back just now given the heat today in Melbourne, but I'm still going to leave it until tomorrow to do anything more given its the first coat.

7. Liked by: OliSam

No update for a while . Tru oil Tru oil and more Tru oil. Neck is coming along nicely too, but can't reveal that one yet
    The red is just a reflection and the other funny looking bits in the horns are too

BTW, I have found these great for single use application of a layer of Tru oil

But are they any good for removing make-up? *Asking for a friend.

12. Liked by: wazkelly

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast