Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

2. Liked by: Bakersdozen

Some nice blended styling on the headstock and some wonderful grain features, I really dig the nude aspect to it. Great grain feature through out. Part of me would have liked to have see a custom chrome version of the front pup ring but, given the P90 sized hole that was there, you had to do something with it. It all works well together, that two piece body has come up trumps and then some.

Fantastic work!
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    Some nice blended styling on the headstock and some wonderful grain features, I really dig the nude aspect to it. Great grain feature through out. Part of me would have liked to have see a custom chrome version of the front pup ring but, given the P90 sized hole that was there, you had to do something with it. It all works well together, that two piece body has come up trumps and then some.

Fantastic work!
    Thanks FW. I also dig a good nude and this one has come up trumps. I was also thinking chrome for the pup ring, but chrome ring on a chrome pickup might have then been too much. I've built it in a way that it can easily be removed as I may down the road change to a P90 or a bucker. I'm letting her sing to me at the moment to get a good feel for where I can go in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakersdozen View Post
    Thanks FW. I also dig a good nude and this one has come up trumps. I was also thinking chrome for the pup ring, but chrome ring on a chrome pickup might have then been too much. I've built it in a way that it can easily be removed as I may down the road change to a P90 or a bucker. I'm letting her sing to me at the moment to get a good feel for where I can go in the future.
    Name:  Thumbs up.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  4.8 KB It'll tell you what it needs in the fullness of time. Until then, play and enjoy matey!
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Quick update on this build...
    Decided to ditch the neck tele lippy pup and go with a P90 and boy I'm happy I did. Works for me way better and will throw up a sound demo soon. Also looks way neater. It's a Warman P90 which is surprisingly good for the price. I might have to save my pennies for maybe a Leddin handwound P90 and something like a tonerider hot classic bridge in the future. That would be a killer combo!

7. Liked by: dave.king1, kuanjb, Tadhg

I like my stock P90. Interested to hear what sound you get. Looks good too.

9. Liked by: Bakersdozen

That is my dream tele with a cooler shape. Can't wait to hear it!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

11. Liked by: Bakersdozen

respect...love the headstock

13. Liked by: Bakersdozen, Tadhg

I updated this guitar toward the end of last year with some Benson custom pickups - which are freaking awesome BTW. I did this without upgrading the original 250K pots. Although i like the sound, i think the neck pickup is too dark hitting that pot, which is why i want to have it see a 500k pot. Everything has just arrived in the post for the pot upgrade and i am going to follow this wiring diagram, second one down utilising a 500K resistor to "fake out" the pot for the bridge pup to see 250K.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 12.56.36 AM.png 
Views:	135 
Size:	810.9 KB 
ID:	40038

My question is if i want to reverse the control plate to have the volume closest to my hand, what is the best way to go about doing that. Do I re-draw the wiring diagram flipped around and pots moved? Or is it easier to wire up everything with slightly longer wires, follow the diagram as is and then flip after everything is connected? Anyone done something similar? I'm typing at you @McCreed

Do I re-draw the wiring diagram flipped around and pots moved? Or is it easier to wire up everything with slightly longer wires, follow the diagram as is and then flip after everything is connected? Anyone done something similar? I'm typing at you @McCreed
    Uh-oh...

I have the reverse control plate on all my tele, tele-esque guitars. I pretty much just move the two pots and flip the switch around.
    I've done the wiring this way from scratch so never thought much about wire length, but on my latest project tele, the stock wires were long enough to just move thing around.

Here's one diagram I've used:
    http://www.guitar-mod.com/wiring/tele_rev.gif

EDIT:

...but on my latest project tele, the stock wires were long enough to just move thing around.
    I tell a lie... I just realised I completely upgraded all the electronics on that Squier tele.
    Sorry, upper-middle-age brain syndrome.
    Last edited by McCreed; 09-04-2021 at 08:33 AM.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9