Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark's JTL-1 TeleMaster / JazzMaster

Quote Originally Posted by Bakersdozen View Post
    Neck pocket successfully deepened. Cleaned up with the sanding drum on the rotary tool.
    Photo looks a bit rough, but looks mint in real life.
    Nice job mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now the pocket is good, I really want to get this playing before finishing. Didn't have much more time this weekend, so the time I had was spent filling old bridge plate screw holes and pickguard holes.

Some progress tonight...

Took the toothpick dowels down with the Dremel, well ozito knockoff, as close to the body as possible. The ones near the output Jack recess turned out great, some of the ones on the body turned out interesting. Some will be an easy cover up and some look a little burnished (maybe from the rotary sanding) hopefully the level sanding process will fix that up - fingers crossed.

Drilled out the neck screw bushings with a forstner bit. Sourced a 14mm size to suit the bushings. Had to improvise a little as the drill press stand is pretty small. Turned out pretty well.btw, that hole near the control plate recess isn't filled. It is one of two holes that I need to keep obviously

Nice work there mate. The scratch plate dowel filling is a bit of a fiddle but looks great and it will be worth it in the end.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    Nice work there mate. The scratch plate dowel filling is a bit of a fiddle but looks great and it will be worth it in the end.
    Thanks FW! Yep I'm hoping it will turn out okay. Chances are they will be noticeable, but we will see after a bit of a level sand. Need to get the neck and bridge on first to get it playing and to see if I need to make any other adjustments prior to finishing stage.

Am I seeing things or did you balance the body on a spray can for the ferrule drilling?
    FrankenLab

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    Am I seeing things or did you balance the body on a spray can for the ferrule drilling?
    You are correct. The drill press table is too small to hold an entire body, so I needed the spray can to balance the rear end. I made sure it was all level as you can see the spirit level on top. Plus I clamped the body to the DP table for extra insurance.

You are correct. The drill press table is too small to hold an entire body, so I needed the spray can to balance the rear end. I made sure it was all level as you can see the spirit level on top. Plus I clamped the body to the DP table for extra insurance.
    That's what i thought. You do what you gotta do and if it works, all good. I have been on the receiving end of it not working more times than i care to remember.
    FrankenLab

Looking the goods mate!

Not sure if this is the style you’re going for but these https://www.realparts.com.au/hardwar...us-thread.html fit in the factory drilled hole perfectly 👍🏻

I needed the spray can to balance the rear end.
    Therefore Cabot's Exterior Gloss is quite stable in more ways than one.

cheers, Mark.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast