Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark's JTL-1 TeleMaster / JazzMaster

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdBits View Post
    You could maybe incorporate something like a Fender dual 250K/500K pot, but it would also require some switching/selection wiring depending on which pickup is installed and/or what value you want in combo with the bridge etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuanjb View Post
    Yeah that would work. Just have two connectors in the pickup cavity, one for the 250k and one for the 500k
    Perfect solutions, thanks lads! I had heard of concentric pots before, however not dual pots - that is really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy40 View Post
    God that grain looks fantastic. even the ends look great
    I know, right - I'm super stoked to highlight this grain!!

Quote Originally Posted by Richy17 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing how this comes out. Such nice kits to begin with. How’s the weight on this one?
    Most definitely has some weight going on, but feels really solid and chunky in a good way.

So the final measurements are in for lowering the neck pocket. I need to drop it by 3mm to have the strings sitting at a good action with the saddles around half mast. I got the trimmer bit I needed with the guide bearing above the cutting bit, so I can follow the current curves of the pocket. Needed to make up a jig to keep the trimmer base level as it runs out of room where the cutaway is on the treble side. Also added a little ledge to keep guiding the but thru this area easily. Hoping I get some time to practice and then perform the operation over the long weekend.

Always a bit hairy making a neck pocket deeper. I've got a strat build pulled apart on my bench waiting for the same thing. I've been meaning to deepen it for abiut 2 years lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by vaxis85 View Post
    Always a bit hairy making a neck pocket deeper. I've got a strat build pulled apart on my bench waiting for the same thing. I've been meaning to deepen it for abiut 2 years lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nothing like putting off the inevitable

The BGS should carry a 1” cutter depth pattern bit in the Diablo range, I’m sure I’ve got a 3/8” and a 1/2” version of it in my collection of bits. Your solution with the extra guide rail is a great work around though, nice job!
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    Nice job. I've been exploring just how much you can ruin a build with a router, this looks nice and neat.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Mountain View Post
    Nice job. I've been exploring just how much you can ruin a build with a router, this looks nice and neat.
    Lol, from all accounts your doing a suburb job. Hopefully this will work out okay. Still trying to find time to practise (that's not night time) before the final procedure. #dad life

Quote Originally Posted by Bakersdozen View Post
    from all accounts your doing a suburb job.
    Aren't we all? (well most of us then)

cheers, Mark.

10. Liked by: Bakersdozen

Neck pocket successfully deepened. Cleaned up with the sanding drum on the rotary tool.
    Photo looks a bit rough, but looks mint in real life.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast