Thread: IB-1F 2 humbuckers and 1 single coil

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

IB-1F 2 humbuckers and 1 single coil

hello all, this is the second kit that ive bought. got all wiring soldered according to the diagram in the guides page and all i get out of the guitar when plugged up to the amp is a decently loud hum. no string noise when strummed or anything. i could rerally use some help. Thanks..!!

Often it’s either an issue with the wiring to the output jack (barrel type, yes?) or your ‘hot’ is brushing a ground point somewhere.

If you have shielded the cavity check to make sure no pots lugs or connections are shorting against the copper shielding. Wire strands bridging between lugs can also do it.

If I’m remembering correctly, this kit has the long 3-lug barrel type jack(?). The two short lugs should be your ground and ‘hot’ (it’s non-standard), so check you’re connecting to those lugs... and, looking at the jack with the long lug at the back and the shorter ones at the front the left is the ‘hot’ and right is the ground (added image):
    Name:  4F65183D-4F3E-4149-940A-A625D3875062.png
Views: 1202
Size:  41.9 KB

If you can’t find the issue please post some photos of your wiring, it usually helps to track down the problem.
    Last edited by WeirdBits; 12-01-2019 at 09:35 AM.
    Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonpruitt1976 View Post
    hello all, this is the second kit that ive bought. got all wiring soldered according to the diagram in the guides page and all i get out of the guitar when plugged up to the amp is a decently loud hum. no string noise when strummed or anything. i could rerally use some help. Thanks..!!
    You may want to give some more specifics or add a pic. Since you're getting no pickup sound, but lots of hum, I'd check the ground connections first. Start at the jack and work your way back to the volume pot. You may find something disconnected. The ohm meter on a cheap multimeter is very helpful for this...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk