Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: First Ever Build - SV1

It would be diving Aces High style for me :-)

Yeah I reckon it might be a good investment!

Just need to sort out the small gap in neck pocket.

Do the screws bite at all anywhere in the pocket? You could try enlarging the screw holes just enough so they slide thru the holes in the body and only bite into the heel of the neck. That way you can ensure a tight pull, as it only has the neck to grab and pull into the pocket.

Yeah they bite a bit all the way through the body. As these were pre drilled I assumed they were the right size to begin with.

If the neck screws won't simply push through the holes in the body, I'd strongly advise drilling them out so that they are a tight push-fit. You may not get rid of the gap fully, but the neck will be as firmly attached as it can be.

And FW's suggestion of a string retainer bar (just a few $) is definitely worth it. A locking nut like that won't work properly without the strings being pulled right down onto the headstock edge.

Thanks Simon, that makes sense and I will definitely drill a little bigger.

Yeah I think that given it’s only a few $ I can’t see why I wouldn’t add the string retainer so will check them out online.

Thanks all :-) getting closer and getting excited to finally do the setup and trying this beast out.

Quote Originally Posted by a_novice View Post
    Yeah they bite a bit all the way through the body. As these were pre drilled I assumed they were the right size to begin with.
    Take note that the holes will have remnants of the multiple layers of paint that you applied to the body so they will definitely need clearing out.

I've drilled the body holes out, but the screws aren't tight but they aren't sloppy either so hope that will be ok!

Just cleaning up the fretboard and buffing frets before re-attaching hopefully later today.

Ok, all good, cleaned up frets and fretboard (looks heaps better) and reattached and the drilling made a big difference. Just the tiniest gap which isn't worth worry about and wouldn't notice, much closer now and a heaps better fit so happy with that.
    Last edited by a_novice; 20-03-2019 at 02:10 PM.
    Build #001 PBG SV-1 Complete
    Build #002 Non PBG PRS Style Semi Hollow Complete
    Build #003 PBG TL-1TB Complete
    Build #004 PBG IC-1 In Progress
    Build #005 SMS 7Q - In Progress

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13