Thread: JBA-4M gingerbeerd first build

JBA-4M gingerbeerd first build

Hi all,
    First build of a JBA-4M. I am super excited about it - so I started sanding etc before taking a mockup picture! oops

During my mockup I discovered a problem - The bridge pickup hole is the wrong size. The JB has different sized pickups and the neck pickup supplied fits both the neck and bridge pickup cutouts.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191012_135824.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	32442
    You can see that the notches are too narrow for
    I figure I am going to have to drill/route the holes a little wider so the bridge will fit, but I am not sure how. Any suggestions?

Hi Gingerbeerd,
    That was a mix up at the factory.
    Photograph both pickups and the routed hole and send an email to Adam at Pitbull.
    He will organise for a replacement pickup for the one that does not fit properly.
    The neck pickup should approx 91mm wide while the bridge pickup should be approx 94mm wide.

All the best

Colin
    Last edited by colin2121; 12-10-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Hi Colin,
    Thanks for the reply, however that is not the case. The two pickups are different. One is 91mm and fits the pickguard perfectly.
    The second pickup is 94mm wide.
    It's that the routed hole in the body is too small. In fact it appears to be routed to the neck pickup size, as it fits.

Email Adam with the details. He is good at resolving issues. He may need to exchange the kit for another one.
    Or he might be able to provide a pickup that fits.