Thread: This is ridiculous....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is ridiculous....

... or - more accurately - I'm ridiculous! Let me explain...

I've been on these boards now for nearly 2 years, and haven't to date, bought a kit. Yeah, yeah... I know...

... anyway, for some reason I cannot bring myself to pull the trigger on a kit, and there are a couple that blew my skirt up. I have always said that I need to have a finish sorted out in my head before I embark on a build, but that's a piss-poor excuse, isn't it?!

Now for the kicker...

... friend of mine in the US offered me a munted Westone Corsair GT for $US50 - understand that this has no hardware at all - and I bit his arm off. I'll need pickups, bridge, machines, electronics and some technical skill to fill the gaping great Kahler 2710 hole in the body to fit a Schaller Hannes - see the expenses ramping up?!? Lucy sure can, eh!! :-D
    Shipping was a crippler, really, but, as a Westone geek from way back, I had to have it. It won't be restored to OEM specs but it will be - hopefully - a very versatile tone generator, and these 88/89 Westones had the sickest neck ever on a production guitar...oh, and it needs re-fretted!!

Tell me, good folk of PitBull Guitars, where's the sense in that, eh?! I should be taken out and have some sense kicked into me...

So, there we go... one man's lament about his inability to see the wood for the trees!!

I will say, though, that I have enjoyed, and hopefully will continue to enjoy!, the company in here; you're all very patient with fruitcakes like me!!

Happy silly season to all.... have fun and stay safe!!
    Last edited by corsair; 22-12-2018 at 07:23 AM.
    "If it's Blues music in a bar and it helps people swallow their drink of choice, or it's a dance song and people get up off their chairs and shuffle their feet, or it's a Jazz tune and the Chardonnay tastes so much better... then it's all good."

- Marcel