Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Protype's EX-4C Bass project

Protype's EX-4C Bass project

Greetings, I'm Kari from Finland and this is my 2nd diy project what I'm making. 1st one is my Harley Bentons Les Paul what I made couple years ago and that is my nr. 1 guitar for now. I have get interest to bass and I thought buy or make and deside to build one.

Day 1 19.12.18
    Here what is already done. Color is black varnish stain ( if that is correct translate)

Lähetetty minun SM-N950F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Hi, Kari. I admit I've always kind of wanted an Explorer-style bass. Looking forward to watching your build.
    What Did You Play Today? ~PJS~

Build #1) KH-1 - November 2019 GOTM

Just a quick heads up - there will probably be a bit of the heel hanging over the body - worth putting the neck in the body and making sure - otherwise you may end up with a little blonde patch - see below (pinched from Wazkelly's EX-5 build - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=4257).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ex heel.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	29485   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ex5 heel.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	29486  
    Last edited by Brendan; 21-12-2018 at 06:48 AM.

Is any body else liking Kari's workspace wall? That 3100 pickup is a killer, I think its a Ford Coupe in the top left too.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    Is any body else liking Kari's workspace wall? That 3100 pickup is a killer, I think its a Ford Coupe in the top left too.
    Certainly a touch jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Just a quick heads up - there will probably be a bit of the heel hanging over the body - worth putting the neck in the body and making sure - otherwise you may end up with a little blonde patch - see below (pinched from Wazkelly's EX-5 build - http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au...ead.php?t=4257).
    Actually I noticed that mistake yesterday and it fixes now.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post

I would try fitting the pickups in the routs. Whilst they will normally fill them fairly well, you may have enough of a gap around the edges so that you can see the light wood of the sides of the rout, which will show up against the dark stain. So you might want to think about staining the sides of the pickup routs, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    I would try fitting the pickups in the routs. Whilst they will normally fill them fairly well, you may have enough of a gap around the edges so that you can see the light wood of the sides of the rout, which will show up against the dark stain. So you might want to think about staining the sides of the pickup routs, just in case.
    Actually I plan to set coppertape in to pickup routs. Not sure if I set orginal humbuckers or should I test my Tesla pickups. Those are little bit smaller so I need to figure out somethin pickup cover if I choose use Tesla mics. Of course I can do that pickup cover eather way. We'll see.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast