Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Loonhaunt Junior LP JRM 1DC Place Holder

I had both and good and bad while covering my new Decals, the logo looks great but the Les Paul Decal got attacked. I used Bullseye Shellac as I thought that it was pretty much the mildest thing I could use. Guess I will have to scrape it off or go for the "Vintage Look" Yuck! Don't know why one decal would look perfect and the other not so much??
    Last edited by Brendan; 15-01-2019 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Photo removed due to logo

Hey all, just a heads up - I've removed the photos as they are using a copyrighted logo. Pitbull does not condone or support the use of copyrighted logos on kit guitars and as such I've removed the photos in line with this. Apologies if this upsets anyone, but we want to keep the forum up and litigation free if we can.

3. Liked by: brisboy

no issue here

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Hey all, just a heads up - I've removed the photos as they are using a copyrighted logo. Pitbull does not condone or support the use of copyrighted logos on kit guitars and as such I've removed the photos in line with this. Apologies if this upsets anyone, but we want to keep the forum up and litigation free if we can.
    Just out of interest, which part is out of bounds? The LP part, the G part or both? Thanks in advance for clarifying. I totally understand the issue and no argument here, just seeking clarification. Cheers!

Both will be, especially when in the same fonts as used by that manufacturer.

So just leave out the headstock or black-out the lettering in photoshop (or similar) before posting. We still want to see the guitar!

Yep - it is both - any logo that is a copy of a trademark runs the risks of drawing attention. It has also been a longstanding ground rule on the site that we won't publish any maker's logos on guitars that they haven't "made".

I have been playing stock P90 On Junior Build

I have been playing this little guitar so much that I have not had time to followup here with build commentary!

The Junior went together well. The kit for the most part was cut well enough. I thought the neck pocket was pretty over sized and sloppy. I had to build a jig to make sure it glued in straight to the body that in itself was not a big deal. What was very crucial was keeping the break angle within range of the bridge height adjustment. As it turned out with my build I have the bridge as low as it can go with out machining to get my string height tolerable. The other small whine element is that the standard USA fret board of composite Rosewood was quite rough, and the frets took and incredible amount of work to level and clean up. However this being my first kit build I did not know what to expect. The experience was absolutely a beautiful thing to have!

I am embedding some images, one of which has been blacked out as I was intent upon relic - ing my head stock to a well known model that I happened to own that was manufactured in 1954 ish. Getting the look I wanted was amazingly lucky if anyone is interested in that process you can IM me for more images and detail.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JRLowRes.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	30268 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JRLowResBackHeadStock.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	30269

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JRHeadstock (2).jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	204.7 KB 
ID:	30270

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4