Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Richy's #3 - The Blasteroid

Thank you for the kind comments everyone. I’m really excited about this build.

Quote Originally Posted by Fretworn View Post
    So you knocked that over in an afternoon. What are you going to do next weekend?
    Haha I’ve had it since the 21st of Nov. A few hours before work each day and it’s starting to come together.

Looking really good. And I like your thinking. I've never really liked the look of telecasters but the Meteora is more to my tastes.

Makes me want to follow suit and build one too. Must resist though..... I already have too many unfinished builds.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kuanjb View Post
    Looking really good. And I like your thinking. I've never really liked the look of telecasters but the Meteora is more to my tastes.

Makes me want to follow suit and build one too. Must resist though..... I already have too many unfinished builds.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

4. Liked by: Adam Barnes

There's a bit of an offset guitar build club starting up here. So much funkier than the tele IMHO, but the tele hardware is just too damn nice to pass up. Build the tele hardware into an offset shape and NOW were talking'.
    ChrisP

The Man Who Gives Meaning to the Word Amateur

This is a great project Richy. Following the finishing process was awesome as it kept getting better and better as I scrolled down.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadiaGuitarGeek View Post
    This is a great project Richy. Following the finishing process was awesome as it kept getting better and better as I scrolled down.
    Thanks mate

CascadiaGuitarGeek- I used Crimson Guitars Stunning Stains Shots Yellow. I mixed a few drops in some demineralised water. I also put a few drops in my first coat of clear to even it all out a bit.

Not much achieved so far this week. Still trying to decide on a pick guard colour before ordering the material

But i did put the screws in the neck
    Last edited by Richy17; 04-12-2018 at 04:15 PM.

Okay guys I need some input.

Pickguard colour is doing my head in.
    Current top 3 choices-
    Black/white/black
    Mint green/black/mint green
    White pearloid

Black will match the block fret inlays.

Is there any other white you plan on anywhere on the build? To carry thru the colour, should you choose it.

Minty - would really have to see it against the current body finish. I can't visualise it yet, it might clash.

Rather than white pearloid, I'd probably go for a 'cream' or 'aged white'.
    edit: definitely an inspiring creation and can see the fascination with this shape Tele.
    I wouldn't have gone for block inlays, but it's each to their own.

cheers, Mark.
    Last edited by king casey; 08-12-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast