Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gdogs Gtar

Gdogs Gtar

building for the first time with no building experience. im pretty excited but also nervous. I wanted to use cheaper materials (paints finishes etc.) that are readily available to me. I went for Duplicolor white autospray car paint and Intergram Ultra deck finishing oil. Id appreciate if someone could tell me that these arent good materials before i make the mistake of applying them, ive only just opened the box so i wont be thinking of painting for a little while. Have a mad day! Grace.

Welcome along Grace -
    In terms of the finishes - the autospray should be fine. Never used the deck finishing oil, but was that planned for the neck?

Welcome aboard Grace!

What kit did you get?
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Welcome along Grace -
    In terms of the finishes - the autospray should be fine. Never used the deck finishing oil, but was that planned for the neck?
    Its been a while i forgot to check this. ive painted the body with the car paint but finished it with duplicolor clear coat instead, then went over it with car wax and polish. for the neck im using a polyurethane satin finish. hopefully all goes well but ill let you know. thanks for the reply brendan

Hi sorry its been a while. I got the st1 kit and the painting has been done and everything. I was just wondering if you knew if the st1 kit came with solder. The instruction guide on the pitbull website said that the kits came with solder but i cant find any.

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    It's normally just a short length of wire in the hardware pack. From memory it was in with the string trees.

You can pick up some pretty cheap at supercheap or any hardware or electronics store if you can't find it.
    Build 1 - Shoegazer MK1 JMA-1
    Build 2 - The Relliecaster TL-1
    Build 3 - The Black Cherry SG AG-1
    Build 4 - The Sonicaster TL-1ish
    Build 5 - The Steampunker Bass YB-4
    Build 6 - The Howling Gowing ST-1

"What I lack in talent I make up for with enthusiasm"

thankyou! found em

Could anyone help with wiring please? I watched a video on wiring the st1 but it seemed quite old, i think the wire colours have changed since then. From what i gather from the wiring diagram, I need to attach the yellow wire to the hot tip on the output jack, this leaves me with two black wires that i dont know what to do with.

The pre-wired scratch plate should mean that all you need to do is connect a wire (colour variable) from the volume pot’s middle lug to the ‘hot’ tip lug of the jack. And, connect a ground wire from the back of the tone pot through the hole in the trem cavity to the trem claw plate (the ‘bridge’ ground connection) and another wire from the back of the same tone pot to the ground lug of the jack.

If you’re still uncertain post some photos of your kit’s wiring and we can maybe annotate them etc. as wire colours do change with different batches.
    Scott.

Thanks for the reply Scott. The yellow wire is the one coming from the middle of the volume pot. But the two black wires also appear to be from the top of the volume pot, i also dont know what you mean by the trem cavity and claw plate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast