Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: On board effects

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

On board effects

Hi guys. I was just scouring the jaycar site and noticed these pedal kits and thought it would be pretty groovy to slot something like this under the pick guard of a build.
    What do you think of having a sustain unit on the pick guard?
    Has anyone done anything like this before???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kooky!
    There's some cool stuff out there to fiddle with at the moment. It would be very cool to mount one but the orientation of things on that board may make it challenging. Possible a strip and rebuild it job to make it work?
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Yep FW.
    That’s what I was thinking. You know- mounting the switches to the pick guard and extending the wiring so the board could be screwed to the body underneath.

The first one is a basic compressor circuit, the second is almost tube screamer-ish type overdrive... It's a buggar that the boards are sized for Jaycar plastic boxes instead of the die cast boxes or small enough to hide inside a build...

I suppose some could Frankenstein it and mount a modified board where it could be seen...

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
    The first one is a basic compressor circuit, the second is almost tube screamer-ish type overdrive... It's a buggar that the boards are sized for Jaycar plastic boxes instead of the die cast boxes or small enough to hide inside a build...

I suppose some could Frankenstein it and mount a modified board where it could be seen...
    Don’t you mean FrankenWashie it?

Quote Originally Posted by OliSam View Post
    Don’t you mean FrankenWashie it?

Oh please don't tempt Igor, it's hard enough keeping him at bay (or away from eBay) now.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

You know, Electra had the MPC - Modular Powered Circuit - circuits in some of their guitars in the late 70s/early 80s with a selection of effects like a compressor and distortion plus others.

http://www.rivercityamps.com/electra/modules.php

I find the concept interesting, but not interesting enough to actually buy one!!
    "If it's Blues music in a bar and it helps people swallow their drink of choice, or it's a dance song and people get up off their chairs and shuffle their feet, or it's a Jazz tune and the Chardonnay tastes so much better... then it's all good."

- Marcel

Shergold had swappable modules in their rather brilliantly named Modulator guitars

To add, the Shergolds were also in the 70s.

I have a 'final build' planned with a Pandora multi-effects unit, 20W amp and speakers all built into a scratchplate strat travel guitar project. I have all of the bits except the guitar kit, I'd not bother with the small effects unless you know they are really good sounding, the matchbox sized multi effects give a lot more bang for your buck, and a lot more to play with.

11. Liked by: OliSam

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast