Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: New Acer Aspire laptop.

Perhaps have a wander through this part of the windows world and see if you can find something that changed around the start of your problems.

Tread warily because the wrong change here will cause havoc

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...istry-settings

Edited to add, have a look here

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...6-673ae0563e50
    Last edited by dave.king1; 11-02-2020 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    Perhaps have a wander through this part of the windows world and see if you can find something that changed around the start of your problems.

Tread warily because the wrong change here will cause havoc

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...istry-settings

Edited to add, have a look here

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...6-673ae0563e50

The thing is, my studio desktop pc is running the same OS as my laptop, same version (build 1809), and has the same cumulative updates on it as well, my Scarlett 2i2 works perfectly well when I plug it into one of the studio desktop pc's usb ports.

Yep, I totally get that but because of packaging and power requirements there will be differences in the lappy.

Motherboard, BIOS etc

I wish I could just say " look there " and you would find the answer but I can't, I will keep digging though the answer is out there

Yep, I totally get that but because of packaging and power requirements there will be differences in the lappy.

Motherboard, BIOS etc

I wish I could just say " look there " and you would find the answer but I can't, I will keep digging though the answer is out there

I just did some tests that I thought I would try, with my Scarlett 2i2 plugged into a spare usb port and my headphones plugged into it, I loaded-up one of the demo songs that comes with FL Studio 20.6.2 (the same demo song I've used for all my previous tests) and instead of playing it back, I exported it as a wav file then I imported the wav file back into FL Studio and dragged it onto the playlist and tried playing it back, the audio playback was crystal clear without any of the crackly distortion I had been experiencing, next I tried playing back the same wav file in windows media player, again the audio playback was crystal clear with none of the crackly distortion, so then I launched FL Studio and loaded up the same demo song (not the wav file) and listened to the audio playback, and now it is playing back with none of the crackly distortion, I have absolutely no idea what I did to fix it but if my ears aren't outright blatantly lying to me, it seems that the audio issue is fixed.

I've got absolutely no idea what I did to fix it, all I did was plug the Scarlett 2i2 into a spare usb port, did it fix itself?....I honestly don't know, I didn't do any tweaks to windows settings just prior to plugging in my Scarlett 2i2 literally a couple of minutes before doing the tests with the wav file.

i hope it decides to stay fixed.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 11-02-2020 at 11:23 AM.

5. Liked by: dave.king1

Murphy strikes again

Murphy strikes again

Possibly, but I swear that when the issue was manifesting itself, I wasn't dreaming, imagining, or hallucinating it, I guess we will never know what actually caused it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNomis_44 View Post
    Possibly, but I swear that when the issue was manifesting itself, I wasn't dreaming, imagining, or hallucinating it, I guess we will never know what actually caused it in the first place.
    Intermittent faults are the very worst kind but they are generally hardware related, zeros and ones either do or don't work and generally need to be meddled with to cause issues

Intermittent faults are the very worst kind but they are generally hardware related, zeros and ones either do or don't work and generally need to be meddled with to cause issues

Anyway, I'm glad and feeling relieved that it all fixed now, that means I'll be able to use my Acer laptop for live gigs, there's a group I joined on Facebook recently, called Darwin Doofers, and a mate of mine got me interested in doing some live DJ-ing at one of the parties organized by Darwin Doofers, could bring in some extra money for me, I've been wanting to learn how to put together DJ sets in Ableton Live, which I happen to have installed on my laptop, hence the reason why I wanted to get the 2i2 fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNomis_44 View Post
    Anyway, I'm glad and feeling relieved that it all fixed now, that means I'll be able to use my Acer laptop for live gigs, there's a group I joined on Facebook recently, called Darwin Doofers, and a mate of mine got me interested in doing some live DJ-ing at one of the parties organized by Darwin Doofers, could bring in some extra money for me, I've been wanting to learn how to put together DJ sets in Ableton Live, which I happen to have installed on my laptop, hence the reason why I wanted to get the 2i2 fixed.
    Let me know if you need any Ableton guidance. I've been using it since version 1 both live and in the studio. General production, DJing and full live/hybrid electronic sets. It's now at V10 such a great piece if kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakersdozen View Post
    Let me know if you need any Ableton guidance. I've been using it since version 1 both live and in the studio. General production, DJing and full live/hybrid electronic sets. It's now at V10 such a great piece if kit.

Cheers mate, will do, I'm currently using Ableton Live 9.7.7 Standard 64 Bit on both my studio desktop pc and my Acer laptop, I've also got two midi controllers for it, a Novation Launchkey Mini, and a Novation Launchpad Mk II, I'm planning on buying a new 1Tb SSD drive to replace the 256Gb SSD drive that's currently installed in it, to give me more storage space.

I've also got FL Studio 20.6.2 Producer Edition, plus Reason 10 installed on the Acer laptop, and I'll be installing reaper plus Sundog song studio on it later on tonight, my usb audio interface is a Scarlett 2i2 2nd Generation, I'm also planning on maxing-out the ram in the Acer laptop this year cause I have a spare Ram slot available.

Seriously thinking of upgrading to Ableton 10 soon when I can afford it.

I agree, Ableton Live is a great Daw, the thing I like most about it is it's really good beatmatching, also the automation function is pretty easy to set up too.

I just bought a new VST plugin called Psychedelic Tunnel, it's a reverb plugin with a few extra things added, sounds great.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 11-02-2020 at 03:28 PM.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast