Thread: Kit without body???

Kit without body???

Hi,

I have tried searching the PBG website and these forums but to no avail so I'm putting it out there so please don't be angry if this is the most common request and I'm a fool. So here goes:

Do PBG make a kit that comes without a body at all?

I am a teacher with access to a small CNC machine and would like to use this to inspire students by designing and making guitar bodies. While I realise I could source all required hardware, etc singularly, a kit page which I can direct my students to would make it easier for them to make selections regarding neck material, hardware options and finish, scale length etc. Meaning all I have to do is send a purchase order and receive goodies.

Does this sound like a good idea?

Phil

Overlord of Music Sonic Mountain's Avatar
    It’s sounds like something that could definitely be done via the custom order section. It would probably be worth emailing and asking directly. Adam is a pretty helpful guy.

If you don't want a body, then just buy a neck?
    Build 19 PSH-1 Kustom
    Build 18 HB-4S Kustom
    Build 17 WL-1 Kustom
    Build 16 TL-1TB Kustom
    Build 15 PBG-2-
    Build 14 FTD-1
    Build 13 RD-1 Kustom
    Build 12 DM-1S
    Build 11 MKA-2 -
    Build 10 Basic strat
    Build 9 JM Kustom
    Build 8 FV-1G
    Build 7 ES-2V
    Build 6- Community prototype
    Build 5 LP-1LQ
    Build 4 ES-5V
    Build 3 JR-1
    Build 2 GD-1
    Build 1 TLA-1

PB have necks in their catalogue and I have received a quote from Adam for a specific fretboard & hardware so I don't see any major concerns in what you are after

Interesting I asked Adam for something similar, slab bodies with a neck rout which could be custom cut by students. The factory couldn't do that, or supply body blanks.
    I agree with the idea of buying a seperate neck and then a hardware pack for the kit type would work well here.
    You could also buy the neck from Pitbull, and source job lots of each hardware item very cheaply from ebay.

All this talk of slabs and bodies has got Igor on edge.

I had looked at all sorts of options on buying in blanks only but in the end I just ended up making my own. A couple of local timber yards were more than happy to sell appropriate lengths of Plantation Mahogany or African Mahogany and i just trued and glued to get a couple of decent body blanks.

Could that be an option for your students as part of the course? Then all they'd need to do is buy the neck in and pattern the heel for the CNC when the program the body cutting.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

At one time I was looking for a body and nothing else. I PM'd Adam and he was very responsive and helpful.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk