Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark's PRS-1H Buid

Cool trick I saw on YouTube about filling the fret slot ends with melted crayon.

Before:

After:

Quick easy and works well. Just melt the tip of the crayon, rub it into the slot. Once it's dry, just scrape off the excess with a blade.
    Last edited by Bakersdozen; 31-10-2018 at 12:19 PM.

First stain session on the front. Will have another round later tonight to see how the light patches have dried. Has come up better than expected

3. Liked by: kuanjb

I see you have a couple new holes. What extra controls are you adding?

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kuanjb View Post
    I see you have a couple new holes. What extra controls are you adding?

Switches for a series/parallel option for the pups. I'm not a huge fan of push/pull pots as I can see straight away what settings are on visually at a glimpse. Plus given the semi hollow body, there isn't much room for installing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakersdozen View Post
    Switches for a series/parallel option for the pups. I'm not a huge fan of push/pull pots as I can see straight away what settings are on visually at a glimpse. Plus given the semi hollow body, there isn't much room for installing them.
    Yeah I'm not a fan of push pulls either. How'd you go with the depth? I looked at adding a few more controls to my build but decided against it because of the thickness of the wood.

Quote Originally Posted by kuanjb View Post
    Yeah I'm not a fan of push pulls either. How'd you go with the depth? I looked at adding a few more controls to my build but decided against it because of the thickness of the wood.

Kuanjb, no probs with depth. Just slow gentle drilling and sharp bits. Holes are made just big enough so there is enough thread on the buttons to grab onto with a washer and nut.

9. Liked by: Alexis, Joe Garfield

Having a look at the neck heel angle. Seems to have a roll off. Measuring the angle along the fretboard to the bridge, I want to keep it seated to the majority of the angle. Any advice on what to do with the gap which would be nearest the pickup cavity? Thinking to build it up with some builders bog and sand to keep the existing angle. Or just leave it and clamp on the fretboard side rather than pickup cavity side when setting the neck. Thoughts anyone?

Bit of progress over the last week. Headstock shape cut. Sanded the neck. Knocked the nut out to replace with a black TusqXL. Black stain on the inside of the f holes. Intensifier coat went on tonight. Notched straight edge made and fret leveling beam in progress.

Scraped the binding after stain coats completed. You can see on the neck pickup route, a blood stain, that was from a fumble with the blade used. So this thing now has the the trifecta of blood, sweat and tears haha.

Really enjoying this and subsequently bid on an ST-1 kit that came up on eBay on a whim and won it. Have plans for an Ash Tele in my future too.

That looks nice baker

13. Liked by: Bakersdozen

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast