Thread: My PRS-1TS build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My PRS-1TS build

Hi all, I have recently been thinking of getting a second guitar and after shopping a little bit, and having nothing else to work on in my spare time I decided to build one. Enter the PRS-1TS kit, My desire for a second guitar stemmed from my other guitar being somewhat unsuitable for heavy music, it being a hollowbody guitar with jazz pickups.

My rough plan for this guitar is to whack in an EMG 81/85 set, grab myself some locking tuners (an option I missed on the Pitbull Guitars shop,) upgrade the bridge, boutique knobs and then tip it off with a lovely deep blue flame maple finish. However, unfortunately my neck doesn't quite fit properly with the end being quite roughly cut/broken (I will include pictures) and I am unsure how I should fix this as just cutting it off may cause problems and I am not an experienced guitar builder nor a particularly skilled woodworker. Thankfully this seems to be my only issue with the kit, the veneer is nicely centered, holes are all the right size and there's no noticeable cracks and very few dents or glue spots.

This is the neck in the pocket with the bottom sitting flat against the floor of the pocket, with a noticeable gap between the base of the neck and where the pickup cavity begins.

This is the neck sitting comfortably with the base against the back of the pickup cavity. Clear gap between the neck and the floor of the neck pocket.

The base of the neck, the imperfection here doesn't need explanation, hahaha.

The neck fit also isn't tight enough to stay seated on it's own, but not loose enough to cause an issue when glued in my opinion. Any feedback and advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks all, Mik.
    Last edited by Asphaltwings; 12-10-2018 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Embeds didn't work.