Thread: ES-3 second build custom.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ES-3 second build custom.

Hello! Back again (not that I ever went away).
    My first build (ES-5V) was a good practice run leaving me six months older and wiser. I knew I’d be frustrated by the lack of cut away in the body so the ES-3 was always the guitar I wanted. Sticking with the philosophy that ‘two pickups is one too many’, I’ve customised it with neck pickup only. Positions for tone, volume and input will be drilled later, but don’t expect anything too revolutionary about their positioning.

I planned to keep this natural with gold hardware and perhaps a rosewood laminate headstock with engraving filled with gold glitter and CA glue. This time I’m thinking of giving gloss wipe on poly a go with Tonerider AC2 currently choice of pickup.

Living in Australia I’m lucky enough to have the rosewood fretboard option. Upon opening the box I was pleasantly surprised by the lightness in colour of the rosewood, I think this will compliment the natural finish nicely.

First inspection looks pretty good to me. Now to put it back into its box and (try to) forget about her for a while. I’ve got a nice guitar to play in the mean time, which I might add has set up as good a guitar as any I have ever played. I’m going to take my sweet time, no corners cut.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PNG image 4.png 
Views:	281 
Size:	392.7 KB 
ID:	28343