I use a PC desktop, PC laptop, Macbook Pro, and Mac mini all from the same desk. I use two monitors that connect in various ways. I have for a long time been using my Yamaha THR-10 guitar Amp as the playback speakers for all of my computers....just through 1/8inch aux plug.

I have started putting some video ideas together and have posted a couple of videos about nothing in particular....hence my youtube name....Nothing Fl4sh...and I notice that the Yamaha does not quite cut it for audio playback of these videos, music, sounds etc.

I have been looking for a good pair of powered and amplified studio monitor speakers. (I have two sets of Audio Technica ATH-M50 headphones that have had to pickup up the workload of late.) But I did not want to pay hundreds of dollars.

I came across these guys on a few forums and in three vidoes on Youtube. They have a small footprint....but are made with Kevlar speaker cones.....amazing.

So I looked around here in Australia and found them at Store DJ for $169-00 delivered. Presonus Eris 3.5 Studio Monitors.

https://www.storedj.com.au/presonus-...-monitors-pair

So I got these speakers, a 2m RCA to RCA cable, hooked them up to my focusrite scarlett solo usb interface....and via the 1/8 inch aux input in the speakers to my desktop PC.

WOW.....the sound difference between these and my great yamaha THR is amazing. I love the THR as an Amp...but these just nail it as a desktop speaker.

I did heaps of research, and paint me black even read the owners manual. I have the EQ on the speakers set flat, and have adjusted the input volumes to try and keep the speakers volume knob near to 12 o'clock.

I have played Rocksmith 2014 Remastered on the PC desktop with my P Bass and it just rips now...had to jack the Roland 120XL Bass amp a little to keep up.

So if you want a great to get sound in and out of your MAC or PAC....I can highly recommend the Focusrite Scarlett Solo and a set of Presonus ERIS 3.5 studio monitor speakers.