Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 41 to 43 of 43

Thread: EX-5 Build Diary - My First Build Bridge Pilot Hole Question

  1. #41
    Overlord of Music FrankenWashie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Glebe, NSW
    Posts
    4,300
    Looking sweet bro!
    IGOR, I know it can be done, the question is, should we be the ones doing it?

  2. #42

    Paint Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankenWashie View Post
    Looking sweet bro!
    90% of the paint on this bass looks great, the other 10% is unacceptable. Iíve been hindered with cold humid weather here so my project is on hold for months. Some bizarre wrinkling issue is showing up.

    I am thinking about using a rod in the jack output rout to hold the body. Then I might hold the thing up like a huge popsicle and spray paint it on a sunny day.

    Picking black as a first attempt was a mistake. Every flaw is glaring.

    More later ...

  3. #43
    GAStronomist wazkelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Caloundra West, Sunshine Coast Qld
    Posts
    6,095
    That is one of the reasons why i have chosen to do hand rubbed stain finishes on all my builds.
    Hope it can still end up looking ok.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    # 1 - EX-5 https://goo.gl/fQJMqh
    # 2 - EX-1 https://goo.gl/KSY9W9
    # 3 - Non PBG Tele https://goo.gl/W14G5g
    # 4 - Non PBG J Bass https://goo.gl/FbBaFy
    # 5 - TL-1AR GOTM Aug 2017 https://goo.gl/sUh14s
    # 6 - MMB-4 Runner-up GOTM Oct 2018https://goo.gl/gvrPkp
    # 7 - ES-1 Runner-up GOTM Aug 2018https://goo.gl/T9BEY8

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •